ESPN just said that Derek Andersen signed 3 year extension with Browns (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
According to Cleveland's Plains Dealer and on the sign off to the ESPN sign off.

Good news for the Browns I suppose.

Makes you wonder what they are going to do with Brady Quinn????

Would you give a 2nd round pick for him?

Teams need two QB's. The Saints need another one.

Someone will trade for Brady Quinn. He will be a good QB. When I saw him play this year he looked very mature as a QB. And I hate ND so that pains me to say.

Could be an Aaron Rogers / Brett Favre kind of setup......

I think it looks more like the Drew Brees/Philip Rivers debacle. Except the Browns kept their man...thank GOD the Chargers let him go! I shutter to think where this franchise would be if we hadn't gotten Drew.:covri:

I think it looks more like the Drew Brees/Philip Rivers debacle. Except the Browns kept their man...thank GOD the Chargers let him go! I shutter to think where this franchise would be if we hadn't gotten Drew.:covri:

We would have overpaid for Culpepper. :covri: :covri:

This was to be expected. Take the "sorta proven" guy over the "not proven at all" guy. I have counted myself among the dawg pound for many years (my dad is from Akron, Oh) and I would have been very upset if they let go Anderson who went on to a great career for Quinn who added his name to the crappy Browns post-Kosar QB list. Keep 'em both.

Last year brought my pops back to football to a degree since Art Modell ripped his heart out and stomped it flat- and trading Anderson woulda brought him back to casually flipping past the stupid Panthers game every Sunday.

Now that they have him signed to an extension they can trade him next year and get compensation. Do you honestly think they would trade Quinn? No way! Smart move by the FO but If I was Anderson I would have tested the market.

Wow, how much does this suck for Brady Quinn? He has to sit through and excruciating 4 hours of the draft until he's finally picked by his favorite team. It looks like he's on the fast track to be the starter as soon as midseason in the summer workouts since Charlie Frye is set to be the starter. Then Frye gets traded and things are looking even better for him. He's looking to be the star quarterback for his favorite football team. Then out of nowhere Derek Anderson lights it up and now he's getting shipped out after sitting the bench for a year and missing his chance in Cleveland. Ouch.

Sucks for the Browns too. They look a little foolish right now giving up those picks to jump back into the first round to grab Quinn. Everybody loses! Well, except for Anderson.

I feel sorry for Brady Quinn that really sucks for him, they should have let someone sign Anderson to get an extra draft pick, and then they would still have a good QB in Brady Quinn, now they have 2 good QBs and no first round pick.

I feel for Brady, but then again, he's making serious money not getting hit.

Anderson deserves a good deal, but that is just too much money riding the pine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom