ESPN McShay and Kiper Mock Draft 2.0 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
MOD EDIT: It kills me to do so, but we can't post complete articles and also, we need to post the links. For that reason I had to erase part of the complete drafts.

Hey guys just thought I would post McShay and Kiper's Updated Mock Drafts from today. Look down below and give me your thoughts. Me personally I would love to get Dion Jordan but I guess we will see...Don't mind getting Ezekiel either.

Kiper Mock Draft 2.0

Link: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...26/2013-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-second-mock-draft

PLAYER CARD
15Sharrif Floyd *New Orleans Saints (7-9)
COLLEGE: FloridaAGE: 20HT: 6-3WT: 303POS: DT
Analysis: Few players finished the season on a higher note. Floyd was a star out of high school, and has moved around a bit on the defensive line. Because he has some decent pass-rushing skills, and a lot of quickness for his frame, Florida had him over the tackle and the benefit was clear. Floyd had great lower-body strength and can drive O-lineman into the pocket, but he also has powerful hands and moves well to disengage and come free. The Saints are desparate for help on the defensive line, and Floyd can provide balance, as a big, powerful pass-rusher who knows how to identify and use leverage against the run.

McShay Mock Draft 2.0

Link:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...nate-top-board

New Orleans SaintsRecord: 7-9Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU
New Orleans is moving to a 3-4 scheme and can live with its inside linebackers and defensive ends, but the Saints need edge rushers and a true 3-4 nose tackle. With no pick in the second round, New Orleans could be interested in the scheme versatility Ansah provides. He can play the 5-technique and rush the quarterback off the edge, and while he's not a pure speed rusher Ansah has shown the ability to use speed-to-power moves to track down the quarterback from the perimeter.

Last edited by a moderator:
McShay :clapbig::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob:

New Orleans SaintsRecord: 7-9Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU
New Orleans is moving to a 3-4 scheme and can live with its inside linebackers and defensive ends, but the Saints need edge rushers and a true 3-4 nose tackle. With no pick in the second round, New Orleans could be interested in the scheme versatility Ansah provides. He can play the 5-technique and rush the quarterback off the edge, and while he's not a pure speed rusher Ansah has shown the ability to use speed-to-power moves to track down the quarterback from the perimeter.

I hate that they have us taking a TE. Even if Tony leaves, I don't think having a TE is going to stop teams from passing to their TE. Nor will it help the Falcons stop the run or generate a pass rush to keep the opposing QB under pressure. The Falcons NEED defense.

so both guys have us drafting guys who dont fit a 34 at all and if they fit they are in the position where we dont need them. McShay is the worst, he even says that we dont need it, yet still gives us ansah.

so both guys have us drafting guys who dont fit a 34 at all and if they fit they are in the position where we dont need them. McShay is the worst, he even says that we dont need it, yet still gives us ansah.

Ansah played as a 3-4 OLB in college....

Kiper's draft is ridiculous. I think he is really out of touch with team needs, and makes mocks for the shock factor. He is terrible at predicting picks.

normally i agree with kiper more than mcshay, but not this time. i think he is way off for most of the picks.

I don't like the Floyd pick. I think he could play DE in an uneven front but I think he's a better fit in a 4-3. I wish he would have provided more clarity on the pick. I will say that I love this kid and think he could be a star, but the Justin Smiths and J.J. Watts are hard to find. With all that said, I do think he could be successful in any scheme.
Ansah played as a 3-4 OLB in college....
Ansah didn't have a position in college.

I hate that they have us taking a TE. Even if Tony leaves, I don't think having a TE is going to stop teams from passing to their TE. Nor will it help the Falcons stop the run or generate a pass rush to keep the opposing QB under pressure. The Falcons NEED defense.

I wouldn't be to happy if the Falcons get Eifert, that guy is a beast. You guys have a solid defense that obviously needs a pass rusher which there is plenty of in this draft. Don't forget you guys were knocking on the door of the Superbowl this season, it's not like they are far of, as much as people on here will tell you the Falcons are.

What's funny is Kiper thinks we will pass up Ansah if he is available.

I wouldn't be to happy if the Falcons get Eifert, that guy is a beast. You guys have a solid defense that obviously needs a pass rusher which there is plenty of in this draft. Don't forget you guys were knocking on the door of the Superbowl this season, it's not like they are far of, as much as people on here will tell you the Falcons are.

Failcons are weak on both lines. You lose up front, you lose. They had a lucky season with a weak schedule and us being paralyzed... They should have been 1-and-done in the playoffs yet again, but the Seachickens choked worse than the Clowns. So long as Mike Smith is the HC, the Failcons will be pretenders.

I am not a fan of either draft projections. Floyd does not fit the scheme, and even if you project him to DE, he becomes a "luxury" (read bad) pick because we have Jordan and Hicks in the 5-tech role. We can draft for depth there later.

With Ansah, there are people here who like him and will find my opinion to be unpopular. But I do not think he's a 3-4 rush linebacker. He played as a 3-4 OLB and DT in college but his natural position seems to be a DE in an even front. BYU ran somehat of a hybrid scheme with 3-4 concepts. It is interesting because McShay is projecting him to DE in the 3-4, and that is definitely not the best place for him to be. The latter would limit his effectiveness. But I also think he's too heavy to play the 3-4 OLB role.

I think with what the Falcons want out of the TE position, a first round pick is simply a waste. The amount of available TE's in free agency that can run routes and catch passes are plentiful. I feel that we need to stop attempting to sign those "high profile" DEs who played along side elite talent to make them look better than they are (Ray Edwards). I swear, outside of John Abraham we haven't had a legit DE in what feels like 15 years. For some odd reason the Falcons cannot draft defense. Offensively, we find players that are great for us (Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Roddy White), but when it comes to defense we just completely **** the bed. The Falcons need to put this entire draft stock into defense. Get as many bodies in here as possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom