ESPN Mock Draft 3.0, McShay v. Kiper Edition (1 Viewer)

Weatherspoon has a private workout scheduled with Atlanta on 17th March

Yep, and this is what Weatherspoon said on Twitter:

Private workout 3/17 with an NFC South squad! I'm excited! And they have a top 20 pick... Hmmm

I think it'll be easier to find a LB to contribute in the 3rd or 4th round than a DE. 1st round has to be DE at this point, unless both Griffen and Dunlap are gone and they don't think Hughes or those other guys are big enough for 4-3 DE.

I agree. I'm more concerned with replacing Charles Grant at this point than Fujita. We'll see how free agency shakes out, but the most important focus for this defense for me is getting more consistent pressure on the quarterback. The drop off at DE in the draft seems much steeper than LB.

I also like the take that we are trying not just to get younger, but more athletic on defense. I think that fits our offense perfectly.

This is gunna be a good draft.

I agree. I'm more concerned with replacing Charles Grant at this point than Fujita. We'll see how free agency shakes out, but the most important focus for this defense for me is getting more consistent pressure on the quarterback. The drop off at DE in the draft seems much steeper than LB.

I saw a statistic that showed GW blitzed linebackers a lot this season to help getting pressure, but it hardly generated any sacks. I know that sacks aren't the only way to measure pressure, but Vilma had the most sacks out of our linebackers if I remember correctly.

So I think Weatherspoon's athletic ability will help get pressure on the quarterback when we blitz him.

I do think you have about the need for a DE and the drop off in the draft.

Don't all linebackers have mouths? I mean, isn't that part of the personality?

IMO, Navorro Bowman would actually be the more ideal OLB from this draft for GW's scheme. Bowman is a bit more instinctive and aggressive than Weatherspoon. Bowman truly plays like a heat seeking missile on the field, and that's just what GW's wants out of his LBers.

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/7sIADQwNpsQ&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>
I don't know who #43 is but he looks pretty damn good too. He was in on alot of the tackles Bowman was in on.

IMO, Navorro Bowman would actually be the more ideal OLB from this draft for GW's scheme. Bowman is a bit more instinctive and aggressive than Weatherspoon. Bowman truly plays like a heat seeking missile on the field, and that's just what GW's wants out of his LBers.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7sIADQwNpsQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
Everyone has a right to their opinion, of course, but I have to think you're a fan of him / the team / something rather than being objective. Bowman is mediocre on his best day, ala Shanle / Fujita ( that 'highlight' says enough right there ). He's very lacking, in the categories you mention, among others - remember, that 'highlight' is just that - his highlight; watch his games, and you'll see it only goes down hill from there. I'm definitely against Weatherspoon because of his mouth, but taking Bowman before the 4th round is a reach.

I don't know. We saw what the defense looked like with Charles Grant not playing and what looked like with Fujita out. I think we could survive without CG based on how we did in the playoffs, but when Fujita was missing it showed.

If Witherspoon makes it to 32, it's a no brainer pick. I doubt that happens though. And we want MORE picks not less in this draft. So if SW is gone at 32 and there really aren't any enticing prospects (but there should be?), trade back and pick up MORE guys in the second and third round.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom