ESPN/NFL Network...Where my Saints? (1 Viewer)

SaintKenKen

Delusional Optimist
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, this is certainly nothing new as we're used to being overlooked but...I have ESPN & NFL Network and a pleasant morning working from home. I spent an hour on Sports center and relatively certain they didn't cover our game at all (other than hail Mary pass making into top 10) and now I'm 2 hours in "Good Morning Football" and I've seen nothing on the Saints (except the Hail Mary throw). Maybe I missed something when I stepped out for coffee but... still frustrating to get ignored completely.

Again, nothing new here but thanks for coming to my TEDTalk

So, this is certainly nothing new as we're used to being overlooked but...I have ESPN & NFL Network and a pleasant morning working from home. I spent an hour on Sports center and relatively certain they didn't cover our game at all (other than hail Mary pass making into top 10) and now I'm 2 hours in "Good Morning Football" and I've seen nothing on the Saints (except the Hail Mary throw). Maybe I missed something when I stepped out for coffee but... still frustrating to get ignored completely.

National media will probably get on the bandwagon after the Saints play and beat Tampa on Oct 31. (Possibly Beat)

I just scrolled through GMFB. I think this is right. All I see is the hail mary highlight a couple times. I think it's a combo of we aren't a big market team, we don't have Drew Brees, and we were playing the WFT...beating them by just 11 points including a hail mary before halftime. It's not seen as a big game or a big win in the eyes of the national media.

I just scrolled through GMFB. I think this is right. All I see is the hail mary highlight a couple times. I think it's a combo of we aren't a big market team, we don't have Drew Brees, and we were playing the WFT...beating them by just 11 points including a hail mary before halftime. It's not seen as a big game or a big win in the eyes of the national media.
They gave the Saints 5 prime games AFTER Brees’ retirement. Market is not the issue. The Saints were playing the WFT. It was the C game on CBS.

They gave the Saints 5 prime games AFTER Brees’ retirement. Market is not the issue. The Saints were playing the WFT. It was the C game on CBS.

Yeah I was surprised we got the 5 games. I bet they'd like to take that Seattle one back. Let's see if it was a fluke or if it continues. But I guarantee you if it were the Cowboys they'd spend half of the show on the game. Who did they beat? The Giants without Saquan? It's a mixture of being the Saints without a superstar QB beating a bad team with a no name qb by not a lot of points.

Yeah, I get that this game wasn't primetime caliber anything but I really thought they'd at least give the facts of what happened on every game. I mean, there are only 16 games played and GMFB has ?3 hours?

Not expecting a 20 minute feature but to get ignored entirely stinks and any team/fanbase should feel the same

But ..what am I complaining about? I love being the overlooked underdog team. As soon as folks started calling us America's Team back when ..I wanted to puke.

NHL regular season is about to crank up, so ESPN is focusing on that…
🥶

This will not deserve a conspiracy theory. The Saints are normally covered. Only thing missing is a local reporter for the NFLNetwork (we are covered by Jane Slater).

We played a boring game against a boring team. Not much else to say about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom