ESPN/NFL Network...Where my Saints? (1 Viewer)

So far every win we’ve had has been covered on national radio/TV from the perspective of the team we beat. It really is annoying. Started with wall to wall Aaron Rogers discussion after the beat down.
The first game was a surprise to everyone, even Saints fans. It was understandable how the headline would be “How the Packers lost to a Brees-less team?”

The Patriots win was tied into the Bucs/Patriots game the next week, so everything was about hyping that game up.
Not to mention the Saints lost to a team they should have beat in the NY Giants.

Winning ugly doesn’t sell, even though I’ll take it 100% of the time. That’s what we did vs Washington and NE.

If we had beaten NY and been 4-1 and tied for the NFCS lead, we’d be more of a headline.

We, as Saints fans, know how hard it’s been to grind out three wins given the circumstances. But it’s just not something that’s going to sell to a national audience.

But make no mistake: if we start to click when guys like MT, TA, EM, MD, etc come back? Especially if we can beat Seattle and Tampa? The narrative changes fast.

Winning ugly doesn’t sell, even though I’ll take it 100% of the time. That’s what we did vs Washington and NE.

If we had beaten NY and been 4-1 and tied for the NFCS lead, we’d be more of a headline.

We, as Saints fans, know how hard it’s been to grind out three wins given the circumstances. But it’s just not something that’s going to sell to a national audience.

But make no mistake: if we start to click when guys like MT, TA, EM, MD, etc come back? Especially if we can beat Seattle and Tampa? The narrative changes fast.

They could at least show something other than the hail mary. This isn't the fastest three minutes in football. We're talking 1-3 hour shows.

I will say it did get to me Sunday night with the looooonnnnnggggg rain delay in the Chiefs/Bills game that they didn't bring up the Saints/WFT until the very end AFTER mentioning the ATL/NYJ game.

They could at least show something other than the hail mary. This isn't the fastest three minutes in football. We're talking 1-3 hour shows.
Sure they could. But they won’t. And it’s hard to argue: we’re not in the top half of the league when it comes to teams that move the needle right now.

And you can’t assume that people are sitting through 1-3 hours of your show. You’ve got to “play the hits” regularly to ensure you’re holding whatever new viewers tune in.

Again: if this “new” Saints team keeps winning once everyone is back, it becomes an appealing national story quickly.

So, this is certainly nothing new as we're used to being overlooked but...I have ESPN & NFL Network and a pleasant morning working from home. I spent an hour on Sports center and relatively certain they didn't cover our game at all (other than hail Mary pass making into top 10) and now I'm 2 hours in "Good Morning Football" and I've seen nothing on the Saints (except the Hail Mary throw). Maybe I missed something when I stepped out for coffee but... still frustrating to get ignored completely.

Again, nothing new here but thanks for coming to my TEDTalk

if we win the giants like we should have, then i think we are being talked about with the rest of the 4-1 teams

To clarify, I don't and didn't expect us to get a ton of coverage. I was just surprised there was 0 coverage. Like...I kinda assumed they always talked for a minute or so about every single game.

Apparently that's not a thing.

Agreed with alot of y'all that we'll be all over the place when they can sell some "Is CGM coming back?" or "Jameis revenge game vs Brady" drama

I like flying under the radar. I hope we only get quick reviews all season. I certainly don't need them dissecting every throw JW has or how AK is being used. If they aren't going to acknowledge the hole we've been playing in for the first 5 games, then I don't want to hear it.

I believe the national media only cares because we had Drew Brees. For the last four years the Saints were the clear favorite to represent the NFC in SB, but now they don't view the saints as a threat. They act like our team don't exist.

When we had our losing seasons they still had hope for the Saints and Stephen A said at one point (2014 I believe) the reason we refuse to acknowledge them as a bad team is due to Brees being the QB.

I, for one don't care about the media, because their narratives seem to change a lot. The thing with GB took a hard left. They labeled GB one of the best offenses in 2020...the minute they got beat in playoffs...Rodgers doesn't have help/coach sucks. Anybody who watched that GB/TB game knows Rodgers played poorly. Look at the complete difference at how Cheifs/Saints were treated in their loss to TB and look at GB's...the media is pathetic and clearly paid for to put certain ppl over.

I believe the national media only cares because we had Drew Brees. For the last four years the Saints were the clear favorite to represent the NFC in SB, but now they don't view the saints as a threat. They act like our team don't exist.

When we had our losing seasons they still had hope for the Saints and Stephen A said at one point (2014 I believe) the reason we refuse to acknowledge them as a bad team is due to Brees being the QB.

I, for one don't care about the media, because their narratives seem to change a lot. The thing with GB took a hard left. They labeled GB one of the best offenses in 2020...the minute they got beat in playoffs...Rodgers doesn't have help/coach sucks. Anybody who watched that GB/TB game knows Rodgers played poorly. Look at the complete difference at how Cheifs/Saints were treated in their loss to TB and look at GB's...the media is pathetic and clearly paid for to put certain ppl over.
I keep going back to this, the League gave the Saints five prime time games AFTER Brees retirement. That’s big real estate in the national consciousness in the League.
The Saints are not being hidden like the Lions.

I keep going back to this, the League gave the Saints five prime time games AFTER Brees retirement. That’s big real estate in the national consciousness in the League.
The Saints are not being hidden like the Lions.

Jameis is a polarizing player that unusually high tv ratings. Was the same way at fsu. Casuals tuned in to watch Jameis and fsus long win streak get snapped

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom