ESPN on Brees:. (Speculation on possible decline) (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
One day, Brees will decline, and the people who have been predicting it every offseason for the last 7 years will crow about being right.

Agreed.
And I will not be one of those people. Last season end of the year was the first I’ve noticed of what I think was Father Time creeping up. And I could be wrong for sure.

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Why don't they ever predict Brady's demise? Sheesh!!!!!!
The article does acknowledge it directly in fact.

This is a far better article than the click bait title suggests, which no doubt benefitted from an ESPN editor 'spicing up' the banner headline.

In short, the writer considers several possible root causes for the late part of the season and essentially says 'I don't know'. It's not that terrible.

OP
OP
Humperdoo

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The article does acknowledge it directly in fact.

This is a far better article than the click bait title suggests, which no doubt benefitted from an ESPN editor 'spicing up' the banner headline.

In short, the writer considers several possible root causes for the late part of the season and essentially says 'I don't know'. It's not that terrible.
I thought the same. Actually a good read imo.

HoustonSaint68

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone who is peeved or lol's at this article didn't read the whole thing.

Sure it starts with a provocative lead-in to get the clicks, and I started reading it with a bias to scoffing at the premise. But it's without question the best article I've read on the subject of Brees' potential decline, and Barnwell ends with his conclusion that:

"Quarterbacks coach Joe Lombardi even referenced Nicholas Taleb's book "Fooled by Randomness" while suggesting what happened to Brees was more due to random chance than any sort of pattern. I mostly agree."

Do yourself a favor and read the entire article -- you'll come away really educated on Drew's performance and reference points for his potential decline.

chad141fa

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I didn't see anything other than normal perfection, making reads and throws that TB nor TH were able to do at todays practice. Drew's game has always been mechanics, anticipation, accuracy and brains. He doesn't need to throw a 50 yard missle. Picked our defense apart today , zero incompletions, 25 yard TD Strike, couple of 20s, 2 beautiful fades. One to TG and other to JC. Play of the day was a beauty over the safety in the box n hit TQ. Great catch and no better ball placement. Drew stayed an extra 30 minuets coaching no name WRs who wont be on the team in 3 weeks. This decline just isn't there yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom