ESPN on Brees:. (Speculation on possible decline) (1 Viewer)

One day, Brees will decline, and the people who have been predicting it every offseason for the last 7 years will crow about being right.

Agreed.
And I will not be one of those people. Last season end of the year was the first I’ve noticed of what I think was Father Time creeping up. And I could be wrong for sure.

Why don't they ever predict Brady's demise? Sheesh!!!!!!
The article does acknowledge it directly in fact.

This is a far better article than the click bait title suggests, which no doubt benefitted from an ESPN editor 'spicing up' the banner headline.

In short, the writer considers several possible root causes for the late part of the season and essentially says 'I don't know'. It's not that terrible.

The article does acknowledge it directly in fact.

This is a far better article than the click bait title suggests, which no doubt benefitted from an ESPN editor 'spicing up' the banner headline.

In short, the writer considers several possible root causes for the late part of the season and essentially says 'I don't know'. It's not that terrible.

I thought the same. Actually a good read imo.

Anyone who is peeved or lol's at this article didn't read the whole thing.

Sure it starts with a provocative lead-in to get the clicks, and I started reading it with a bias to scoffing at the premise. But it's without question the best article I've read on the subject of Brees' potential decline, and Barnwell ends with his conclusion that:

"Quarterbacks coach Joe Lombardi even referenced Nicholas Taleb's book "Fooled by Randomness" while suggesting what happened to Brees was more due to random chance than any sort of pattern. I mostly agree."

Do yourself a favor and read the entire article -- you'll come away really educated on Drew's performance and reference points for his potential decline.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom