ESPN on Brees:. (Speculation on possible decline) (1 Viewer)

another year and another story on how Brees is over the hill

I thought it was awful. Original thought is apparently dead when it comes to football opinions, because the world has latched onto the 'Drew is done because of 4 games' story line. Seems to be the prevailing story line about the saints this preseason which is fine by me. I dont believe that high preseason expectations do us any good, so let them all predict the nosedive, let them all predict that drew is going to suddenly fall off a cliff. After all, he underthrew the long ball a few times.. but wait, he was doing that in 2013... Ridiculous. This assertion that QBs just suddenly fall off a cliff, evidenced by Brett Favre in the NFC Championship game is insulting. The only thing wrong with Favre in that game was all the times he got slammed to the ground by Saints D-Linemen. So whatever!! Predict demise... we'll be laughing and by week 3, everyone will forget that you wrote this story, because preseason is full of bold predictions that don't come true...

Man... i wish i could dismiss the whole thing and just point to his accuracy.

But there was a decline in his production after the Falcons game. Chalk it up to undisclosed injury... or decline... it was not good.

We should have won the NFC championship as a blowout. Our offense was mediocre. Cook may be the missing piece. Let's see but can't turn back time.

Barnwell is a very well respected writer.

I think one of drews problems last year was that defenses started taking away the top receiving options and drew was lacking for that 3rd and 4th option.
Also the injuries on the OL.

I do believe though that Drew’s ability downfield is not what it once was. If he can have legit protection and reliable 2nd & 3rd receiving options though, we will see very good production from Drew

Man... i wish i could dismiss the whole thing and just point to his accuracy.

But there was a decline in his production after the Falcons game. Chalk it up to undisclosed injury... or decline... it was not good.

We should have won the NFC championship as a blowout. Our offense was mediocre. Cook may be the missing piece. Let's see but can't turn back time.

The "decline" came from the steep drop in O-Line play and the fact that he literally had 2 reliable weapons on offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom