Espn playoff machine is up (1 Viewer)

What's the earliest the Saints can clinch a playoff spot? Can anyone figure that out?
This website provides both the magic numbers and clinching scenarios for each team.
Here's the link to the NFC status as it stands now: NFC Magic Numbers

I have us dropping one to Carolina or Steelers which puts us in the #1 seed. But I keep winding up with Chicago in the #2 spot. If we drop 2 of those last 3 that puts us in the #2 spot with Chicago at #1. Bizarre if that happens. Either way I like our chances against any of these NFC teams.
Yup that's what I was getting as well, surprisingly. I guess, like AK41 Says, just worry about us!

The earliest that we can clinch division at this moment is if we we win Philly, ATL, DAL, and Tampa to go up 12-1. @ Carolina if they manage to get 10-3... If we win to go to 13-1 and they fall to 10-4. We clinch.

Carolina would have to drop 2 games before to clinch sooner.

CAR going into our game 9-4 doesn't clinch. IF THEY win at 10-4 and we are 12-2. We would have to lose to the Steelers and lost to the Panther again to tie both teams at 12-4 with the tiebrreaker going to Carolina.

THE CLINCH NUMBER ATM IS 13 WINS.
Well, I guess then the earliest the Saints could clinch would be after week 13. If we win the next three and Carolina loses the next three, we'd be 11-1 and they'd be 6-6, and that would clinch it.

Well, I guess then the earliest the Saints could clinch would be after week 13. If we win the next three and Carolina loses the next three, we'd be 11-1 and they'd be 6-6, and that would clinch it.
In a nutshell, if the Saints win 4 more games, we can do no worse than the 6th seed (But could be the 5th depending on what others do)
Win 5 games and we can do no worse than the 4th seed (But could be the 3rd depending on what others do)
Win 6 games and we are no worse than the #2 seed
Win all 7 remaining games and we are guaranteed the #1 seed.

This is where I ended with regular season. Perhaps Rams can win in chicago but I have them losing there. Not sure if I'm giving too much love to Seattle... Chargers can't catch the chiefs, cincinnati gets eliminated final week and Patriots take the #2 seed over Pittsburgh. (With help from us of course.) I don't really see us losing more than one other game (first against carolina). Perhaps thanksgiving against Atlanta, but thats at home and would ruin my holiday.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 11.02.27 AM.png

This website provides both the magic numbers and clinching scenarios for each team.
Here's the link to the NFC status as it stands now: NFC Magic Numbers
The key here is that the Saints are the only one with a number in the 1* column.

The key here is that the Saints are the only one with a number in the 1* column.
Great point. The Saints are the only team in the NFC that controls its own destiny regarding the #1 seed.

Yes, we are the only one that controls our own destiny for that spot.
It's always great to be in that position, but it sure isn't going to be easy.

Omg that may be one of my favorite gifs of all time. Not sure why though. Looks like Drew Brees being all humble even though he knows he has the goods with Thomas, Kamara, and Ingram.
Haha yup we have a plethora of riches and figuring out and watching this path is gonna be fun.

Kudos to the OP; thanks! :9:

Saints are dialed-in this season. The Black & Gold Juggernaut won't be stopped. I see a KC v. New Orelans Super Bowl. The pre-game excitement and media attention for Mahommes will be too much for a young QB to handle. Remember: It's 2-weeks from the Conference Championship game to the Super Bowl.

Look for the veteran Brees & Co. to meet and surpass the challenge each week. Saints celebrate a Lombardi Gras in Feb 2019.

WHO DAT!!!!!

:gosaints:

I never would’ve thought we would lose our first game to the Bucs. After last season and realizing we not only played the other 1st place teams in the NFC, but also 4 games against ATL and CAR (playoff teams). As well as the AFC North with PIT, BAL, and CIN, I felt we had 3 guaranteed wins with 2 against TB and 1 against the Browns. Was thinking just going .500 in the others would be a success. Was hoping we could make it into the playoffs without a bye at 10-6 best case scenario.

Let's just hope that iron sharpens iron.
We are so much sharper than we were last year for sure. Honestly, I think Falcons and Panthers may have been the only playoff teams we beat during the season. Without looking, maybe the only teams we beat with winning records.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom