Espn Playoff Machine (1 Viewer)

I suppose that if EVERYONE screams that out loud (or uses capital letters when typing it) it's bound to come true.
:jpshakehead:

Frankly, there is only one thing that would/could give the Falcons a disadvantage over anyone remaining on their schedule and that would be if they acquire some KEY INJURIES. And NO ONE wants to see such a thing.

Short of that happening, they will not only be FAVORED to win, but will be VERY hard to defeat... especially when they play at home.

Ummmm I wouldn't be heartbroken if turner or ryan were placed on IR.

Ummmm I wouldn't be heartbroken if turner or ryan were placed on IR.

I wouldn't be heartbroken for Turner to have a nice high ankle sprain. I want Matty on the field on the 27th when they lose to the Saints. Stop that home streak. If he's not on the field the streak goes on. Also if he has no Turner he will become Matt Ryan and not "matty ice". He's not a bad QB, in fact he is pretty good. He would not be anywhere near as good without Turner.

Kris

How exactly are the Falcons gonna end up the 5th seed with the cream-puff schedule they have remaining? Their only loss will be against our boyz. Giants, the 3rd seed? Doubt it. No Philly?

Do you remember 2002 when we only had to beat one of the three games left on our schedule to make the playoffs and lost to Cincinnati, Minnesota and Carolina? Looked like a sure thing that we would win the remaining 3 games. All teams they played were out of the playoffs already.....
<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/2KN27dfF3GVdxCmD8Cg5vA"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/2KN27dfF3GVdxCmD8Cg5vA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

There is a realistic scenario for all 3 NFC South teams to win the div, and probably end up the 1st or 2nd seed in the playoffs.....

The Bucs right now are 2 games behind the clowns....losing against the clowns will practically eliminate them from playoff contention, so this is a do or die game for them....I predict the Bucs will win this game, giving the clowns their 3rd loss for the season...

They also need the clowns to lose one more game, and who is the team capable of beating them in their own house????....The Saints!

That would give the clowns their 4th loss.

The Saints right now have 3 losses, so they will probably beat the Bengals, but then they travel to Baltimore and Atlanta.....it is probable that the Saints will lose against the Ravens, thus giving them their 4th loss, but they will rebound beating the clowns in their own house....

So, at the end of week 16, we have 3 teams with identical 11&4 record....at that point the tiebraker is the div record, and the Saints will be the leaders with 1 loss, followed by either the Bucs, or clowns with 2 div losses.

It will all come down in week 17, when the Bucs face the Saints in NO.....beating the Saints will ensure the Bucs a playoff spot regardless what the clowns are doing against the Panthers....if the strength of schedule favors the Bucs against the clowns, then by beating the Saints in week 17 ensures them the div championship, and probably the 1st or 2nd seed in the playoffs.........and the schedule favors them somewhat....Clowns, @ Skins, Detroit, Seattle @ Saints.....if they win out, they probably win the division.

The Saints & clowns have similar desires....win out, and probably win the div. & the 1st seed......

How exactly are the Falcons gonna end up the 5th seed with the cream-puff schedule they have remaining? Their only loss will be against our boyz. Giants, the 3rd seed? Doubt it. No Philly?

Falcons next 3 games are away.

I think they can lose 2 of those 3.

I also think Atl will lose to us in Atl

I think Atl finishes 11-5 with 5th seed.

We finish 12-4 with 1st seed.

Oops, Failcons don't already have a division loss. Thought they did. they would have to lose two division games. It is still possible, but not as easy. My mistake. Don't crucify me too bad!

This is a playoff type game for Bucs. They should bring their A game.

Kris

Don't despair, the Bucs are perfectly capable of beating the Falcons.

Obviously i want the Saints to win the South, but i'll be content if we don't have to go back to San Fran and play them again in the first round.

Sure, i think we will beat them, but i don't want our boys to have to play them again and deal with the long distance travel that goes along with it.

In a perfect world, we'd have to play St. Louis or Arizona again.

haha thats actually a pretty cool little tool. Rofl when i went through everything i have the niners at 7-9 and the 4th seed! lol too good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom