Espn Playoff Machine (1 Viewer)

Kris, I'm referring to the Saints as being the "only team to beat them", as stated in my original post. I much prefer your scenario, I just don't see the Falcons losing to the OVERACHIEVING Bucs.

They almost lost last time they played them. If L. Blount converts a 4th and 1, they lose.

They almost lost last time they played them. If L. Blount converts a 4th and 1, they lose.
This is true, I didn't think the Bucs would win then, and I still don't. They just lost two starters for the season, I believe. It's not that I don't want it too happen, PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN, I just don't think it will happen. Call me a realist.

Oops, Failcons don't already have a division loss. Thought they did. they would have to lose two division games. It is still possible, but not as easy. My mistake. Don't crucify me too bad!

This is a playoff type game for Bucs. They should bring their A game.

Kris

hahahha I was right. I need to quit while I'm ahead. If they lose to the Bucs and then lose to the Saints that will be two division losses.
I was counting the future Saint's game as a division loss for Atlanta. Hope I'm right. I'll stop posting in this thread now!!!

Kris

Well, maybe if you put that beer down, you'll be able to focus better. :jpshakehead:

:hihi:

If you look at the playoff odds sites...

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcstandings.html

You'll see the Saints have about a 20% chance of winning the division, which is higher then the Falcons odds of a Superbowl appearance and higher then the likely hood of missing the playoffs entirely.

The Saints are in the mix with a pretty decent shot in the post-season, but the 1 seed *does* make a difference. The only other thing I'd bring up is when the Saints were sitting at 4-3 posters were making the point that the Saints were likely to be in *exactly* the situation they currently sit which is a positive place to be.

And that game was in ATL where they dont lose much, this time they will be on the road. ATL got a good schedule this year like we did last year, we both played the better teams at home. TB coming off a loss to the Ravens, wanting to prove themselves, I mean they have to be the least respected 7-4 team in the history of football. Combine that with this game being in TB, and I think we have the makings of an upset this week. Saints just neeed to take care of their business from now till then, and that Mon night game in ATL will be for the division title.

Bottom line, NFL needs to change the seeding rule. no way a 12-4 team who finishes second in their division should be a 5th seed and play on the road throughout the playoffs.

Got this:

NFC
1. Atlanta Falcons 13-3 :(
2. Green Bay Packers 11-5
3. New York Giants 11-5
4. St. Louis Rams 9-7
5. New Orleans Saints 13-3
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 10-6

AFC
1. New England Patriots 13-3
2. Baltimore Ravens 12-4
3. San Diego Chargers 10-6
4. Jacksonville Jaguars 10-6
5. Pittsburgh Steelers 12-4
6. New York Jets 12-4

It's ridiculous that the Rams could be 9-7 and win their division and we end up 13-3 and have the fifth seed!!! The NFL needs stop worrying about uniform changes and 18 game seasons and make some changes (playoff seeding) that are really important asap!!

Falcons will lose one of those road games, my guess Seattle....and then the home game against the Saints...:ezbill:

I'm only going to say this once, so pay attention. If the saints can lose to the Cardinals, it It is certainly conceivable that the Falcons can lose to one or more out of the Bucs, Panthers, and Seahawks. They are not invincible! They merely had a few breaks go their way. Tampa almost beat them in ATL. This time it's in Tampa. Anything can happen when it comes to division rivals on the road.

Funny I have the Saints losing one more game and winning the division at 12-4 with the first seed. ALTLANTA WILL LOSE TWO!! No way they kep pulling it off.

Even if Atlanta does win the division, I don't think they can keep their luck through the playoffs. It's one thing to luck up against mostly mediocre teams, it's another to luck up 3 consecutive weeks in the playoffs.

Funny I have the Saints losing one more game and winning the division at 12-4 with the first seed. ALTLANTA WILL LOSE TWO!! No way they kep pulling it off.

I suppose that if EVERYONE screams that out loud (or uses capital letters when typing it) it's bound to come true.
:jpshakehead:

Frankly, there is only one thing that would/could give the Falcons a disadvantage over anyone remaining on their schedule and that would be if they acquire some KEY INJURIES. And NO ONE wants to see such a thing.

Short of that happening, they will not only be FAVORED to win, but will be VERY hard to defeat... especially when they play at home.

I suppose that if EVERYONE screams that out loud (or uses capital letters when typing it) it's bound to come true.
:jpshakehead:

Frankly, there is only one thing that would/could give the Falcons a disadvantage over anyone remaining on their schedule and that would be if they acquire some KEY INJURIES. And NO ONE wants to see such a thing.

Short of that happening, they will not only be FAVORED to win, but will be VERY hard to defeat... especially when they play at home.

I think the key to getting a win against the Falcons is to limit your own mistakes. That's how the Falcons have thrived for the most part. They tend not to make mistakes and capitalize on the ones the other teams make. Of course the Falcons team having some key injuries (nothing career ending) wouldn't be bad either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom