ESPN Power Rankings (1 Viewer)

"The Saints defense(118 pts allowed in the last 4 gms) is starting to play like everyone thought they would at the beginning of the season" This statement is true.

Man, I wish they could get back to the way they played in the first 6 gms

"The Saints defense(118 pts allowed in the last 4 gms) is starting to play like everyone thought they would at the beginning of the season" This statement is true.

Lets hope they can do that this sunday. I think a W this week will do wonders for the team.

When alot of those points are coming off TO's then yes we are playing bad D but when we have not turned the ball over we are undefeated.

Come on now don't jump on that last statement. When we have not turned the ball over more than we have gained in TO's then we have won.

about Panthers "DeAngelio Williams' emergence gives the Panthers so many weapons that the United Nations is thinking of asking for sanctions against North Carolina."

Aw, c'mon! Is that not a bit of an exageration!

TO's will cost any team the win. Drew and the Saints are not immune to this either. All the points against us off TO's have cost us dearly and usually put us behind early which in turn has caused Payton/Drew throw more often than they would like.

We have all seen some disheartening losses that looked like we would pull it out. Even with those losses, I see so much potential in this team and I couldn't care less about the rankings. At this point in the season, we really don't deserve to be ranked too high. It's a ranking of what is, not what almost was.

To say that "the defense is playing the way everyone thought it would", and basing it on the past 4 games, is nothing more than lazy journalism and doesn't begin to tell the entire story.

vs Baltimore: the Ravens forced 5 turnovers, taking 2 back for TDs. Defense's fault? Hardly.
at Tampa: 14 pts allowed, and played very well (second quarter hiccup notwithstanding)
at Pitt: ok, hard to say much good about that defensive effort
vs Cinc: played pretty darn well to hold the Bengals to 10 points through 3+ quarters, especially considering the pressure put on them by our offense's failure to score points

We are ranked Repectively in the right area, actually higher than i would have thought, i don't even look at fox im sure we're like in the lower 20's somewhere over there.

about Panthers "DeAngelio Williams' emergence gives the Panthers so many weapons that the United Nations is thinking of asking for sanctions against North Carolina."

Aw, c'mon! Is that not a bit of an exageration!

Nope! DeAngelio Williams is that type of running back. It took Foster getting injured for them to figure this out??

Actually the Defense only gave up 97 points the last 4 games, not 118. Which is still bad at 24 points per game, but hey, who's counting?

Hey guys,

Here is what I believe is reality for the New Orleans Saints.

1. Regionally, New Orleans is not in the highest TV market (I know LSSpam - duh!)
2. No one expected anything out of this team due to its adversities and
sufferings of the previous season. (Hurricane Katrina)
3. Most prognosticators have been embarrassed by the Saints unexpected
success they have enjoyed thus far.
4. I loved that the Giants lost last night!!!! (sorry Eli)

well that didn't make me as nauseous as I thought it would. Pinning this on the Defense isn't exactly fair considering the Offense's recent spate of turnovers and sputtered drives but I wouldn't expect anything less from the sports media.

To say that "the defense is playing the way everyone thought it would", and basing it on the past 4 games, is nothing more than lazy journalism and doesn't begin to tell the entire story.

vs Baltimore: the Ravens forced 5 turnovers, taking 2 back for TDs. Defense's fault? Hardly.
at Tampa: 14 pts allowed, and played very well (second quarter hiccup notwithstanding)
at Pitt: ok, hard to say much good about that defensive effort
vs Cinc: played pretty darn well to hold the Bengals to 10 points through 3+ quarters, especially considering the pressure put on them by our offense's failure to score points

I understand what you are saying here, but the defense at this point just doesn't look as good right now as it did in the beginning of the season. Coverage is horrible and the linebackers are not making as many plays as they were. Fujita was on fire in the beginning of the year and now he is just a good linebacker. Simoneau, his interception notwithstanding, has always been just decent and Shanle has seemingly disappeared. Grant and Smith are not getting the pressure on the quarterback that we thought they would.

Quite frankly, the defense has begun to show signs of being undisciplined. For example, both long runs by Willie Parker were just lack of containment. That comes from players who aren't playing their part and trusting other teammates to do the same. In the beginning of the year, there was none of that. Let us hope they go back to that style of defense.

I believe in Payton and Gibbs. I just wonder if they really have the players to install their defensive scheme

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom