ESPN ranks Saints 2nd best roster in NFL (using PFF ratings) (2 Viewers)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
However, they roasted Andrus Peat signing. I think they said of the 41 starting guards in the league who qualified for PFF scores, Peat was #41. But I trust in SP.

However, there has been no political or virus or ethical conduct comments so far. This is my favorite thread of the day so far. All football!!!

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They are crazy high on Zack Baum giving him an 89.7 rating. I hope they’re right about that. By contrast, Ruiz only garnered a 71.5. Usually rookies don’t get the benefit of such high ratings unless they are top 10 picks. I wonder what the basis of that rating is?

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is the most complete Saints team I've ever seen. We even have a great Kicker and the best return man in football. All three phases are loaded with top end talent. Like, top 5 at their position talent. All over the field.
When you consider how our last few seasons have turned out, all the information above is pretty much proof that the 2020 season will never happen.
Whether it's a whiffed tackle, a no-call, or a pandemic... it's seems evident by now that something has to stand in the way of ever allowing Saints fans to feel that same sense of euphoria that we felt back in February 2010. I'm now convinced that the Covid-19 coronavirus was laboratory grown by Chinese scientists (funded by Roger Goodell) with the intent of making sure that our Saints couldn't use this talented squad to win another SuperBowl and take home a 2nd Lombardi trophy. :idee-puis-non:

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
They are crazy high on Zack Baum giving him an 89.7 rating. I hope they’re right about that. By contrast, Ruiz only garnered a 71.5. Usually rookies don’t get the benefit of such high ratings unless they are top 10 picks. I wonder what the basis of that rating is?
Those are their college ratings.

duckjr78

Look out, its FrankenBaby
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Somebody want to look at the ravens starters ratings in the Saints starters ratings and explain to me why they are number one?

Bloop

Practice Squad
Reaction score
However, they roasted Andrus Peat signing. I think they said of the 41 starting guards in the league who qualified for PFF scores, Peat was #41. But I trust in SP.

However, there has been no political or virus or ethical conduct comments so far. This is my favorite thread of the day so far. All football!!!
Peat was only re signed because they could not replace him and warford in the same off season

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Peat was only re signed because they could not replace him and warford in the same off season
Actually, IIRC, Andrus Peat is the #1 backup to Armstead. So, although Peat is officially a Guard, he is "next-man-up" should Armstead's critical position needs him.

Soooooooooo... Peat is a "Two-fer" (i.e.: two positions fer wun).

:gosaints:

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
When you consider how our last few seasons have turned out, all the information above is pretty much proof that the 2020 season will never happen.
Whether it's a whiffed tackle, a no-call, or a pandemic... it's seems evident by now that something has to stand in the way of ever allowing Saints fans to feel that same sense of euphoria that we felt back in February 2010. I'm now convinced that the Covid-19 coronavirus was laboratory grown by Chinese scientists (funded by Roger Goodell) with the intent of making sure that our Saints couldn't use this talented squad to win another SuperBowl and take home a 2nd Lombardi trophy. :idee-puis-non:
Thanks Bill! We all need a good laugh these days and you did a superb job here. Best wishes to you and your family

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Bill! We all need a good laugh these days and you did a superb job here. Best wishes to you and your family
Thanks Swimmer! Same to you & yours. I just hope we are all able to laugh when it's time to start the football season. I must admit that it will be a tough void to fill if the 2020 season doesn't happen. :covri:

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Just FYI, this is based on PFF’s rankings. ESPN just tabulated it and made an article out of it.
Not sure how they got Balt 1 and Saints 2 because I just added up the grade for each player for us and Balt and Balt came up to an avg of 72.39 and we had and avg of 76.19, so they did something else besides just tabulating the numbers.

Last edited:

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Somebody want to look at the ravens starters ratings in the Saints starters ratings and explain to me why they are number one?
Agreed, they have 2 Elite and we have 4, they have 3 more above avg and we have 4 more. Plus the difference in the avg as pointed out in my previous post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fleur-de-Links, July 1: More from Latavius Murray and Cam Jordan ranks #2 in overall sacks for the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints undrafted rookie Keith Washington brings versatility through varied college experience Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette 2020 New Orleans Saints Team Outlook: Overcoming Bad Beats For Another Playoff-Bound Season SR News Page Articles 0
Bill Saints 2018 Saints at Falcons on NFL Network tonight at 7:00pm CDT (Pseudo-Gameday Thread) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 54
Saints vision for versatile rookie LB Zack Baun includes maximizing pass rush skills Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Why the Saints could win it all, Part I - Offensive line Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, July 8: Demario Davis supports black national anthem play and a potential cornerback the Saints should look at Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Cincy Saint Saints @ Falcons on NFLN Tuesday night 8E/7C Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Nolaboy1970 Saints Saints 2009 season Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Dan in Lafayette 10 questions with New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Dennis Allen SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints Eyeing Up the Enemy: Denver Broncos SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints can extend dominance in Prime Time Games for 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dre Kirkpatrick an interesting free agent option remaining for the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, July 7: Jonathan Vilma talks on his move to broadcasting and Saints OC answers questions Saints RSS News Feeds 0
7 Pro Bowl Linebackers in a game (92 Saints Bills) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 32
Andrus Saints Countdown to NFL Kickoff 2020: #70 Jammal Brown (July 5th) SR News Page Articles 0
Johnson: Maybe it's not fair to compare Saints' Tommy Stevens to Taysom Hill — but it's hard not to Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus What NFL teams best prepared to lose a QB to coronavirus? Ranking 1-32 | Saints’ Jameis Winston or Cowboys’ Andy Dalton No. 1? SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints D-line coach says Marcus Davenport 'definitely has room to get better' even after strong second season SR News Page Articles 0
Saints UDFA Profile: Michigan State linebacker Joe Bachie Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Holiday happiness is remembering Saints wins over the Falcons Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints expecting more from Marcus Davenport Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, July 3: 49ers troll Saints and when Kiko Alonso is expected to return Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints banking on healthy, enthusiastic Marcus Davenport. 'He's put the work in' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
49ers promote masks, with a shot at the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, July 2: Saints preseason cut in half and Deuce McAllister talks Latavius Murray Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Alvin Kamara’s cryptic tweet has New Orleans Saints fans in a frenzy SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Deuce McAllister on the Saints Running Backs SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette NFL to shorten 2020 preseason, Saints to open against Steelers on the road SR News Page Articles 0
Catching up with Deuce McAllister the Saints, the coronavirus and his golf game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
NFL to cut preseason in half; Saints to lose out on games vs. Rams and Dolphins Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Interviews: Saints legends Jonathan Vilma and Deuce McAllister Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Reliving some of our worst Saints vs Falcons memories Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints fantasy position groups: Wide Receivers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Former Saints LB Jonathan Vilma has high hopes for 2020 Saints defense SR News Page Articles 0
Super44 Non-Saints...but related to the virus and potential rate of infections, for college football. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Former Saints LB Jonathan Vilma looking forward to challenge of the broadcast booth Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How Saints rank in quarterback play in Super Bowl era Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints roster battles to watch on offense, part one Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints urge mask wearing Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints Hall of Fame career of Roman Harper: An Interview SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints WR Tre'Quan Smith is primed for a breakout season in 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints Notes & Quotes: Mrs. Benson, Brees, Jenkins,Harper, Evans, and NFLPA SR News Page Articles 0
Saints coach on the art and science of training during a pandemic — with the help of Excel Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints running back Alvin Kamara has become NASCAR’s newest, biggest fan Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Video How long will Jeff Ireland Continue his Role as Assistant Gm/College Scout Director with the Saints? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
What makes Jadeveon Clowney a perfect fit for the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, June 29: Jadeveon Clowney interested in the Saints, and how the Saints became interested in Adam Trautman Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints infatuation with rookie tight end Adam Trautman began at the Senior Bowl Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints’ QB Drew Brees to sponsor Black College Football event SR News Page Articles 0