ESPN ranks Saints 2nd best roster in NFL (using PFF ratings) (1 Viewer)

Somebody want to look at the ravens starters ratings in the Saints starters ratings and explain to me why they are number one?
Agreed, they have 2 Elite and we have 4, they have 3 more above avg and we have 4 more. Plus the difference in the avg as pointed out in my previous post.

Though they speak on the offense being #2 I think a lot will ride on the DEFENSE. So with that said what do you think we need more? Another Edge rusher possibly someone like......oh yeah Everson Griffen in case D port doesn't work out (fingers crossed he does) or LB say Olgetree or Clay to help with LB core cause don't know if Anzalone or Kiko is good. I know what we have on offense I'm more concerned with Defense. Just asking :idunno:

Bucs........yawn. As rap icon Public Enemy would sing “Don’t Believe The Hype”.

Actually, IIRC, Andrus Peat is the #1 backup to Armstead. So, although Peat is officially a Guard, he is "next-man-up" should Armstead's critical position needs him.

Soooooooooo... Peat is a "Two-fer" (i.e.: two positions fer wun).

:gosaints:
No Peat isn't the backup to Armstead. I dont think peat has played LT since that throwaway game to the panthers in 2018(?)

Those are their college ratings.
So PFF thinks that Baum is a far superior player to Ruiz? That rating for Baum still seems crazy high. Very few college players are rated over 90.

So PFF thinks that Baum is a far superior player to Ruiz? That rating for Baum still seems crazy high. Very few college players are rated over 90.

There’s a reason why PFF is so polarizing.

I had a chance to sit in on some group meetings with an NFL head coach. He showed us film of specific examples of plays where PFF docked one lineman, when it was the linemen next to him who actually blew the assignment.

Specific to Ruiz, Michigan’s QB play has been terrible. It’s quite possible Ruiz got blamed by PFF on some protection plays when it wasn’t his fault and coaches explained that to Payton and Ireland.

PFF is a tool. But like many tools, it has flaws and limitations.

Not sure how they got Balt 1 and Saints 2 because I just added up the grade for each player for us and Balt and Balt came up to an avg of 72.39 and we had and avg of 76.19, so they did something else besides just tabulating the numbers.
you also have to go off of the (eye test) and the ravens look better then the saints smh lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom