ESPN Report. Disturbing Stats regarding penalties and Saints (1 Viewer)

It's a significant step for Triplett to finally write on this issue. We need more media awareness on this topic. It seems people like Florio, Mike Lombardi, etc. would be eager to pounce on something like this.

All this is on top of the blatant slap in the face of the reviewable PI year. I can't believe how everyone involved in the league and the media just shrugged off a full season of officials actively killing that rule week after week until it was gone. It was astounding that they made a rule just to ignore it into oblivion and everything just treated that as normal.

Because it didn't affect everyone involved in the league adversely and the media that "covers them"....it couldn't be more obvious to me that the NFL is a corrupt organization that wants certain outcomes...

I've said it for a number of years now how the league has it in for CSP. This just provides more evidence to suggest there is this vendetta against CSP by the league front office. Bountygate is probably a big part of it. This vandetta was not noticed during the years of 2014-2016 as the Saints were not really good during those seasons. But it began to surface in 2018 and especially in that NFCCG no call. Then when CSP pushed IR of PI calls, that really irritated the powers that be in the league office and the vendetta was elevated again.

In 2019 season, you can go back and look at stretches of games where the penalties were so lopsided it was obvious. If I recall in one game against the Panthers that season, the Panthers were not called for a single offensive holding call against a DL that was in the top 5 in sacks. In fact, I think the Panthers had only 3 false start penalties for 15 yards. Also in that game, if you recall, they reversed a non-PI call to PI giving the Panthers a first and goal with the scored tied. And I think that was one of only two instances where they reversed the PI call under IR across the entire league. Again, sticking it to CSP. The Saints ended up winning that game as the Panthers missed the FG, mainly due to Davenport leaping over the center and causing the kicker to hook the kick for fear of it getting blocked. They then tried to call a penalty on that play but they realized I think at that point, that it would be too obvious and decided to pick the flag up. Crazy.

Then this year, forcing the team to play on MNF with so many players out with Covid, while in other instances of similar circumstances, they delayed games one or even two days so the team hit hard with infections could get some players back and field a team. That game ends up being the difference in making and missing the playoffs.

Expect this treatment to continue as long as CSP is coach, or until Goodell is gone.

I've said it for a number of years now how the league has it in for CSP. This just provides more evidence to suggest there is this vendetta against CSP by the league front office. Bountygate is probably a big part of it. This vandetta was not noticed during the years of 2014-2016 as the Saints were not really good during those seasons. But it began to surface in 2018 and especially in that NFCCG no call. Then when CSP pushed IR of PI calls, that really irritated the powers that be in the league office and the vendetta was elevated again.

In 2019 season, you can go back and look at stretches of games where the penalties were so lopsided it was obvious. If I recall in one game against the Panthers that season, the Panthers were not called for a single offensive holding call against a DL that was in the top 5 in sacks. In fact, I think the Panthers had only 3 false start penalties for 15 yards. Also in that game, if you recall, they reversed a non-PI call to PI giving the Panthers a first and goal with the scored tied. And I think that was one of only two instances where they reversed the PI call under IR across the entire league. Again, sticking it to CSP. The Saints ended up winning that game as the Panthers missed the FG, mainly due to Davenport leaping over the center and causing the kicker to hook the kick for fear of it getting blocked. They then tried to call a penalty on that play but they realized I think at that point, that it would be too obvious and decided to pick the flag up. Crazy.

Then this year, forcing the team to play on MNF with so many players out with Covid, while in other instances of similar circumstances, they delayed games one or even two days so the team hit hard with infections could get some players back and field a team. That game ends up being the difference in making and missing the playoffs.

Expect this treatment to continue as long as CSP is coach, or until Goodell is gone.
Just for the record, the week prior to the Monday night fiasco, 3 games were postponed due to high numbers of Covid positive cases. All 3 were delayed 2 days. One was a Saturday game delayed to Monday night and two were Sunday games delayed until Tuesday night. The Saints had more Covid cases than any of the teams the week prior, yet the NFL refused to postpone.

The double standard in that case couldn't be more blatantly obvious.

No, but I want to say Duece in a SF playoff game where he was knocked out because of a shot to the head and no penalty was called.

The Jerry Rice TD where he dropped the ball at the 1 yard line and was still called a TD. That was before they started instant replay.
Was Pierre but I agree with the sentiment.

I'd love to see the stats of 1st downs, big plays (+20 or more yards), and scores negated by penalty compared with the rest of the league.

As to the NFL hiring "Full time refs"... I believe the refs 100% work for the league and do exactly as they're directed. And I believe that with all my heart.
Keeping the refs as "3rd party contractors" so to speak, allows the league to use the illusion that the zebras are weekend warriors, almost amateurs, and are in no way beholden to the league... (when that narrative suites the situation). Most of the time the league talks about what a fine job these officials do and it being a thankless job.

A team that gets 8 first downs called back and their opponent gets 2... A team has a touchdown called back (I think we've had 3 in a game called back a few times in recent seasons) the other team gets a very ticky-tack and disputable PI call that gives them the ball on the 1 yard line. Or like someone above said... 6 QB Sacks by Cam Jordan that didn't happen because he was being egregiously held by an RT that isn't flagged for any of them. The list of examples could go on and on forever.

Mostly I believe the "league" (not Roger) do have desired outcomes at least some of the time. The easiest way to spike a game or a team is through officiating.

Don't forget that Vikings game where Reggie returned 2 punts for TD's but we lost because of that Adrian Peterson fumble that wasn't a fumble because "the ball was still near him" or some shirt like that.
That was also the game where Reggie should have had a third punt return, he fumbled due to a blatant face mask

The face mask wasn’t called but the fumble stood

Look, this is what makes 2009-10 so special. The breaks just happened to go our way. Despite not getting the same calls we always never got, we punched out 3 future HOFer QBs. It was just a miracle of a year by any sense, and I hate to say it, will likely never happen again. In many regards it was more special that just about any Super Bowl win and I don't think we fully appreciate just how unlikely it was.

Look, this is what makes 2009-10 so special. The breaks just happened to go our way. Despite not getting the same calls we always never got, we punched out 3 future HOFer QBs. It was just a miracle of a year by any sense, and I hate to say it, will likely never happen again. In many regards it was more special that just about any Super Bowl win and I don't think we fully appreciate just how unlikely it was.
I definitely do. Truly thought I’d die without seeing my team win it all, could not believe we actually did it.

I will say while they were the right calls the Pierre Thomas jump for a 1st down on 4th and inches in overtime versus the Vikes and the Lance Moore 2 point conversion in the Super Bowl are the types of plays that usually go against us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom