ESPN Report. Disturbing Stats regarding penalties and Saints (1 Viewer)

I could’ve sworn the face mask was on the punt return

Forgot about the return stumble

Also forgot that Gramatica was our kicker for awhile
That was a brutal loss. The blocked fg and td, facemask fumble, Moore giving away an interception that should have been an easy catch, and late missed fg. It was a typical Saints giving away an easy win.

The timing of this release is terrible.

Releasing it during season ramp up to plant the seed to see if the trend continued for this season would have had more eyes on the situation.
It doesn't matter THAT this was released, much less WHEN it was released. There's 31 other fanbases that couldn't care less. That's the built-in fool-proof all-natural damage control that protects the league. Screw one team and 31 other fanbases attack that team's fanbase with all the "waa waa cry me a river" crap. (and now days 10000 memes). Even if it were to happen to a big-market popular team like say the Patriots or Cowboys??? Big market they might be, but the other 31 markets are a LOT bigger combined and a lot of people would be happy the "big boys" got jobbed.

Nothing will ever be done about certain games being slanted or certain teams being spiked. Unless one day a group of officials go all out whistleblower and tell-all about how the league directed them to officiate certain games and certain teams a certain way. And $$$ is that never happens. Maybe somebody has a deathbed confession one day. And even then, would that story even get out? And if it did, it's not hard to imagine the league and the media spinning it until it goes away and the golden goose lives on.

Katrina season a tight end was laying on his back and the defender forced a fumble by taking the ball from him while he was somehow not down.
Sigh. I remember this like it was yesterday; apoplectic that somehow that call was made after Ernie Conwell fell down with clear possession. There was almost no possible way to wrest control of a ball from a receiver lying down on the turf without touching him ... so NFL refs determined it was an interception by saying Conwell didn't have possession yet and thus could not be reviewed. Insult added: the DB clearly contacts Conwell and then falls to the turf, gets up, and runs it in for a touchdown ... and wasn't called down. Almost as infuriating as the time the refs blew the whistle in the middle of a play accidentally so the Saints just lost a down for no reason.

Look, this is what makes 2009-10 so special. The breaks just happened to go our way. Despite not getting the same calls we always never got, we punched out 3 future HOFer QBs. It was just a miracle of a year by any sense, and I hate to say it, will likely never happen again. In many regards it was more special that just about any Super Bowl win and I don't think we fully appreciate just how unlikely it was.
Isn't the going tin-foil hat theory that the reason the league has been all-out to kill Saints success because we weren't supposed to beat Manning and the Colts, but SP stomped on the gas pedal and stole it at the very end when it was basically too late for the officials to fix it?

This evidence is pretty damning. It's one thing to be called for the most penalties. Some teams just play dirtier than others, and the one constant is that team's style of play. But when we rank last every year in penalties against opponents, when those opponents are different week in and week out, there has to be another explanation for it. The bias is pretty blatant, if you ask me.

So… the Saints are being punished because they called attention to horribly inept officiating when the refs blew a major call that cost the Saints a trip to the Super Bowl and now the refs are continuing to unfairly officiate Saints games and there’s nothing anyone is going to do about it?

OK.

I am in the it's not a conspiracy, it's just bad officiating camp, but this is pretty damning evidence either way. Buuuuut here's the problem. There's 6 pages of responses from (rightfully) P'Oed off fans and,l I hate to say it, but the fact that you're still here is exactly why the NFL does not and will not have to change. In wrestling, it's the heel that gets the heat and the heat puts butts in seats.
And in regards to not believing the NFL is out to get the Saints...believe me, I would much rather it be due to conspiracy vs incompetence. I respect your right to see it how you see it though. I'm a skeptic by nature and unless I am presented with actual evidence, I'm almost always going to go with the simplest and most logical answer.

I am in the it's not a conspiracy, it's just bad officiating camp, but this is pretty damning evidence either way. Buuuuut here's the problem. There's 6 pages of responses from (rightfully) P'Oed off fans and,l I hate to say it, but the fact that you're still here is exactly why the NFL does not and will not have to change. In wrestling, it's the heel that gets the heat and the heat puts butts in seats.
And in regards to not believing the NFL is out to get the Saints...believe me, I would much rather it be due to conspiracy vs incompetence. I respect your right to see it how you see it though. I'm a skeptic by nature and unless I am presented with actual evidence, I'm almost always going to go with the simplest and most logical answer.

How does incompetence explain one sided trends? At some point it would course correct, no?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom