ESPN: Saints prioritizing Marcus Williams (in addition to Jameis) (1 Viewer)

You say CJGJ is a better safety than Williams. He may be better at the position he plays on defense which is the short area and Marcus Williams is the better FS at the position he plays. CJGJ is better in the short area because he doesn't have the range that Williams has to play deep safety.
You also said in your earlier post that it would effect CJGJ's position and he could be out. That's saying they basically play the same position. So I think that proves the OP's point that you don't know what you're talking about.
Oh FYI Williams had 3- INT's and CJGJ 1- INT's.

Once again, you are over exaggerating what I am saying

If push comes to shove and we have to let CGJ or Marcus Williams walk; I pick Williams to walk.

CGJ is more valuable to this team than Marcus is. You judging someone’s level of skill based off stats shows you have 0 clue how football really works. I’m sure you believe everything the media tells you as well. Look how many players CGJ was able to mentally break down just by his voice. How is that measured in stats?

Your incessant need to prove your point without taking all sides into account will continue to make you look like a fool. Just because I don’t agree with your biased ways doesn’t make me wrong. This is a forum and all opinions are open and free to discuss. Move on already

Football is built on offensive and defensive lines IMO; while you have exceptions to this rule occasionally the way football is won is how you prevent and create pressure.

I'm just . . . underwhelmed by him. Maybe it is Minny Miracle stigma, maybe not. Just seems like he's also always lagging behind on coverage and is still awful at tackling. Doesn't seem like a safety that should garner top $$.
Two words: Jarius Byrd. Let's not forget how difficult it actually is to get competent free safety play.

SFIAH

Why would we have to let CJGJ walk, he is still on a rookie contract and is not a FA and has nothing to do with Marcus Williams. There's nowhere that it says that the Saints said they were letting CJGJ walk or even thinking about it. I'm not overexaggerating what you said. I was repeating what you said. Yeah everyone has opinions and opinions are like armpits, they usually stink. We can also have intelligent conversations and still have disagreements without resorting to name-calling. What I am saying is that CJGJ isn't even in this conversation it has nothing to do with keeping or not keeping him. I really like CJGJ and love the way he plays. We don't have to wory about losing him for another year or two. That's why your argument carries no water.

You do realize he will have to be resigned at one point right? This isn’t madden where you can just change his contract by editing his profile

CGJ is still the better safety. Marcus Williams being labeled cornerstone of our defense is laughable. What positive game changing plays has he made? I remember more chokes in clutch moments than I do positive ones. The organization has made bad decisions before and I believe we are getting close to another. He is not worth 10/15 mil a year and even worse at the expense of not being able to sign Davis / Latimore / RR

Jarius Byrd / Tebucky Jones / Jason David / Champ Bailey / Carter (can’t remember first name) are all busts that came highly touted from other teams
Strongly disagree sir.

Let me try that with you

You literally have no idea what YOU are talking about.

Also, never once did I say he played the same position. I said CGJ is more valuable. Learn to read instead of exaggerating someone’s point

What??????

How about you learn to read your own writing.

You literally said CGJ is the better safety, and you implied that the Saints are making a mistake by resigning Marcus.

Don't backtrack now that someone called you out on your lazy take. Do your homework before you come out and blast the man.

Marcus Williams is absolutely a cornerstone on this defense. This defense isn't half the defense it is when he's not out there playing.

That's pretty evident from watching them play when he was out a couple games this year.

Its really as easy as turning on ALL 22.

The Saints had a lot of coverage sacks last year, and a big part of that was bc Marcus was patrolling centerfield.

QB's are well aware now how much ground he covers back there.

Every great Defense has great safety play. You have too, you can't be great without it, and Marcus Williams is one of the best in the buisness. The FO knows that, they ain't gonna let him go. It would be stupid if they did

What??????

How about you learn to read your own writing.

You literally said CGJ is the better safety, and you implied that the Saints are making a mistake by resigning Marcus.

Don't backtrack now that someone called you out on your lazy take. Do your homework before you come out and blast the man.

Marcus Williams is absolutely a cornerstone on this defense. This defense isn't half the defense it is when he's not out there playing.

That's pretty evident from watching them play when he was out a couple games this year.

Its really as easy as turning on ALL 22.

The Saints had a lot of coverage sacks last year, and a big part of that was bc Marcus was patrolling centerfield.

QB's are well aware now how much ground he covers back there.

Every great Defense has great safety play. You have too, you can't be great without it, and Marcus Williams is one of the best in the buisness. The FO knows that, they ain't gonna let him go. It would be stupid if they did

I got tired of arguing that same point with him. He seems that re-signing Williams will somehow leave CJGJ unsigned and released from the team. His contract doesn't come up until 2023. He has nothing to do with re-signing Williams, they play 2 different positions.

You literally have NO IDEA what your talking about.

Litetally 0

I hate to tell you but there is no top 5 defense last year without Marcus Williams. They would have been average at best.

There aren't many players in this league today that cover as much ground as he does.

His only weakness was his tackling and he cleaned that up last year. At times he was even an enforcer out there.

Williams is a top 5 safety in this league whether you like it or not

I tend to agree with the man actually. The fact you come out swinging say the guy has NO IDEA is a microcosm of our society. His opinion differs from you so must be wrong? Wrong. Marcus Williams is average at best. He’s always late on his reads but makes a few plays here and there mostly due to QBs bad decision. CGJ is a tough dude that has incredible movement skills. He could probably play safety and play it well. Finally, this defense was top 10 bc of the DLine play all year, not #43. That statement is laughable. He is both worth investing in at current market rate. He’s not a cornerstone, and I’d much rather spend the capital in numerous other places on this team.

I'll believe the Winston thing when I see it... I personally believe he's like "plan C" for this franchise at best.

As for Williams, he's one of the top 3-5 "Center Field Safeties" (coverage) in the NFL... Unfortunately for him, he's had a handful of plays in his career that are completely memorable... for the wrong reasons... outside of those handful of untimely and extremely unlucky / extraordinary plays... He's been a big reason that our pass defense seems to improve every season as the year goes along,

It's a no brainer to keep Marcus if we can.
So who do you think is A and B?

I tend to agree with the man actually. The fact you come out swinging say the guy has NO IDEA is a microcosm of our society. His opinion differs from you so must be wrong? Wrong. Marcus Williams is average at best. He’s always late on his reads but makes a few plays here and there mostly due to QBs bad decision. CGJ is a tough dude that has incredible movement skills. He could probably play safety and play it well. Finally, this defense was top 10 bc of the DLine play all year, not #43. That statement is laughable. He is both worth investing in at current market rate. He’s not a cornerstone, and I’d much rather spend the capital in numerous other places on this team.
I never call him by name either, he's been #43 ever since...

It's a bad take, i didn't say anything personal about the guy. He's probably a great guy, but his outlook on Marcus Williams (as well as yours) is just not right.

At some point some people are gonna have to get over the miracle play from 4 years ago. You aint getting no better then Marcus Williams out on the market. I hate to burst some of yalls bubble, your just not.

I challenge yall to really look at the game tape. That's all!

This forum is a place to debate about certain opinions

The only good thing that will come out of MW leaving would be the “can he play safety” comments in threads about any prospective fa or college prospect

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom