ESPN says possible Hornet trade fell through... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insi...TradeDeadline-080212&univLogin02=stateChanged

"one source said the Bulls are now 'as open as they've ever been' to trading Ben Gordon. Discussions recently broke down between the Bulls and Hornets over a deal that would have sent shooter Rasual Butler to Chicago."

From what I gather, the Hornets would have got SG Ben Gordon for Rasual Butler(and possible a draft pick/cash).

Damn, Ben Gordon would be a huge offensive upgrade to Mo-Pete, and only a slight downgrade on defense and would've provided the slasher that the hornets desperately need to spread the defense further for CP3 to navigate.

PG-CP3
SG-Ben Gordon
SF-Peja
PF-D-West
C-Tyson Chandler
with Mo Pete, Pargo, etc. coming off the bench=$$$

Man, the Bulls never follow through on their trades. Why the hell would they do Butler for Gordon anyway?

I hope they can possibly revive this thing. Gordon would be a nice pickup. Though, there's another guy who went to school down here on that team who I wouldn't mind having either...

I dont think we were trying to trade Butler for Gorden.

"one source said the Bulls are now 'as open as they've ever been' to trading Ben Gordon. Discussions recently broke down between the Bulls and Hornets over a deal that would have sent shooter Rasual Butler to Chicago."

I have a feeling the second sentence is not related to the first, since the whole paragraph is about random Bulls trade tidbits, and not one coherent story about trying to trade ben Gorden.

I dont think we were trying to trade Butler for Gorden.

I have a feeling the second sentence is not related to the first, since the whole paragraph is about random Bulls trade tidbits, and not one coherent story about trying to trade ben Gorden.
They seem related to me because I doubt that we were looking to trade for Wallace.

As of Feb.15, the latest on this trade rumor is that the Hornets will give up Butler, Wright, Armstrong, and a 1st to get Ben Gordon and A. Griffith.

As of Feb.15, the latest on this trade rumor is that the Hornets will give up Butler, Wright, Armstrong, and a 1st to get Ben Gordon and A. Griffith.

Link? other than a Hornetsreport thread that someone started

Take Hilton out of that deal and add a different player(hopefully Bobby Jackson or Ely)

Take Hilton out of that deal and add a different player(hopefully Bobby Jackson or Ely)

I'd rather send Armstrong. I don't want to trade Wright.

On the positive note, Gordon has his moments and could thrive in our offense. He's only 24 so he's still got a lot of years left yet. But I do not want to trade Wright, I'd rather give up a higher draft pick or more cash in order to keep him. I like Hilton too but would be willing to let him go in order to keep Wright. It wouldn't leave quality behind Chandler (assuming you are throwing Ely in as you said) but if we are making the move to really push forward throughout the playoffs, we wouldn't do that if Chandler got hurt anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom