ESPN senior writer says Saints are a 'wild card' if Cam Newton tests free agency (1 Viewer)

You might as well watch Entertainment Tonight or The View for Saints news if you are going to get worked up over Wednesday news out of ESPN. They just make stuff up to get clicks.

Rival hate aside, Cam has too many miles on the odometer.
Right plus I don't think he fits what Payton looks for in a QB.

Payton wants an accurate, quick decision maker to execute his Offense. Cam is more of a hold the ball look down field, and in his earlier days take off and run type QB; I don't think he's a fit for what Payton wants at QB... heck he's better off developing and tailoring an Offense around Taysom if that's the direction they want to go in. Would be a cheaper option.

I think with all of his recent injuries, none more concerning than feet which apparently he's headed to surgery for. I think he's already near the end of his career and would rather keep Teddy than him. Heck, I might rather Hill. Newton isn't a good fit imo. He'd be a better fit at some place like Chicago, a team without an identity on offense. Pats will need to replace Brady sooner than later. There are other teams he could potentially go to, but I have I hunch he's gonna retire sooner than later because of his injury history.

That’s a huge stretch and overreaction much? Did Cam Newton assault or kill someone or did some kind of threat or harm to someone that I’m missing?

Its natural to dislike division rivals but I don’t think Saints fans in general who attend the games and everyday people across the city despise division rivals like we do on online forums. If a team has a big glaring hole to fill and the FO/coaches thinks that player will make the team better, and the player doesn’t have legal trouble or locker room issues, the team will sign him regardless of him being a division rival and what we think of the player’s media personality

I absolutely loathe the Falcons, but would take Ridley or Julio in a heartbeat. But Newton? Nah. He's just not that good anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom