ESPN senior writer says Saints are a 'wild card' if Cam Newton tests free agency (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
LMAO. I don't know what to do with this article expect post it as is. I 100% agree that SP is enamored with disruptive running passing QBs like Mahomes and Jackson. But to stretch SP interest in Newton has to be drug related.

“The wild card here is New Orleans,” Fowler said after discussing more-realistic landing spots like the Los Angeles Chargers or Chicago Bears. “Now, it would be unlikely, but one guy I talked to said Sean Payton secretly loved Lamar Jackson in the draft, and he loves that style of quarterback. Where you can get creative — you can run and you can throw and you can do whatever you want. And so, they’ve kind of experimented with that with Taysom Hill as a result.”

Hill’s usage on designed quarterback runs and passes off of play-action rollouts could be interpreted as a trial for new elements of the always-evolving Saints playbook, and it makes sense that Payton could be considering other prospects who can do those things while staying on the field as a conventional passer.

Hill could certainly be a candidate to do that, but it’s worth mentioning that he doesn’t have an edge over Newton as far as age (Hill is 29, Newton is 30) or health (Hill went undrafted back in 2017 after four of his five years at BYU cut off with season-ending injuries) are concerned. If anything, Newton’s extended NFL experience as a passer helps his case. Any further developments Hill makes on dropbacks will be in pursuit of trying to get where Newton already is.

I think Gayle Benson knows that Saints fans would revolt and not renew tickets. It just freakin amazes me the stories that supposed legitimate writers make up about ongoings in the NFL.

Cam Newton to Saints Blah

Okay, I think Cam coming here is a stretch for multiple reasons, but the idea that fans would revolt and not renew tickets if he came here is also a stretch.

LMAO. I don't know what to do with this article expect post it as is. I 100% agree that SP is enamored with disruptive running passing QBs like Mahomes and Jackson. But to stretch SP interest in Newton has to be drug related.

I think Gayle Benson knows that Saints fans would revolt and not renew tickets. It just freakin amazes me the stories that supposed legitimate writers make up about ongoings in the NFL.

Okay, I think Cam coming here is a stretch for multiple reasons, but the idea that fans would revolt and not renew tickets if he came here is also a stretch.

You are probably right. I just don't like the guy at all. I mean that I really don't like him: immature, I am a super star, it's about me Cam

This isn’t happening but I would like it. Cam was always I guy I liked(one of the first black mobile QBs this decade) when he wasn’t playing the Saints.

Hes way to inaccurate of a passer to intrest Sean Payton IMO.

Dude has wayyy too many miles on him for a mobile QB. Sure, I think Sean Payton can get more out of him than Ron did, but this dude is beat up and has the worst attitude. We've been speculating Brees' decline for years now. Every year it's "is this it?". Why would we replace him with a guy where we continue to say the same thing?

Put him in Tampa. Can't be worse than Jameis and we can still beat him twice a year.

I doni't know, I think he would be a good 3rd string QB for us. We need someone that can run the practice offense against running QB's without risking injury to Taysom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom