ESPN signs with MLG (1 Viewer)

The Mongoose

Porkers?
Reaction score
http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/181255

ESPN.com, the leading online sports destination, today announced it has entered a content agreement with Major League Gaming (MLG), the leading professional video game league.

ESPN will serve as a primary outlet for news about MLG, providing extensive digital coverage of MLG’s 2008 Pro Circuit Competitions, including exclusive streamed matches, pro player interviews, and scores and stats. Additionally, MLG will host ESPN co-branded online video game tournaments...

I wonder how bad the backlash is going to be from sports fans who aren't in to gaming.

"That's not sports! It shouldn't be on ESPN! Gaming is stupid!"

Etc, etc.

I wonder how bad the backlash is going to be from sports fans who aren't in to gaming.

"That's not sports! It shouldn't be on ESPN! Gaming is stupid!"

Etc, etc.

I'm into gaming and think this is stupid. I like my sports on ESPN and my gaming on G4 or something similar

Maybe ESPN will implode into itself like the WWF... err excuse me.. WWE.

I can only imagine that ESPN's ratings are getting lower and lower as they find more excuses to put stuff besides football, baseball, and basketball on the air.

If they replaced World Series of Poker, world's strongest man, madden nation, AND1 garbage, and 50-75% of the sportscenter replays with NFL Films greatest games / superbowl highlights... I would never change the channel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom