ESPN Spinning in Goodells Favor Again: 39% approve of Goodell (1 Viewer)

It's an approval rating, you don't show the disapprove % in an APPROVAL RATING.

To me saying 39% of players approve of Goodell does just as much damage as saying 61% disapprove. 39% of anything "good" is horrible.

I guess being a Journalist myself, the Title of the article is everything. There is a huge difference in saying "39% approve of the current commissioner" and "61% disapprove".

Thats a journalism technique, because you arent paying attention to the number, but the words "approve of Goodell" whereas if you were wanting the negative attention, you would say "ONLY 39%", or something to that effect.

You're right, when it comes to Goodell, I will NEVER be satisfied.

It's tactics like this that make people skeptical of the news to begin with. I'm incredibly cynical because of stuff like this, so saying "39% approve" automatically makes me calculate the difference.

Sadly, I don't think the majority of people care to do this or to pay attention to the nuance inherent in our language and how it's used to change the vector of a dialog without changing the facts.

It's an approval rating, you don't show the disapprove % in an APPROVAL RATING.

To me saying 39% of players approve of Goodell does just as much damage as saying 61% disapprove. 39% of anything "good" is horrible.

Then again, if the question was "do you approve of X" and 39% say yes, it doesn't automatically mean that 61% disapprove - just that 61% don't approve. It's splitting hairs, but there is a difference...some can be indifferent without approving.

Have to agree that this is a bit of a reach. NOT reporting this at all would have shown bias and being protective of RG.

I was just thinking last night that if Vilma want's a fair shake and portrayal of the bounty appeals then he and Peter Ginsburg should collaborate on a Youtube campaign with a point-by-point rebuttal of all of Goodell's trumped up and evidence. He could make a huge spectacle out of it along with a public press conference to promote it in New Orleans along with a public challenge to the NFL to refute his claims. He could also arrange something like this through the NFLPA.

Independent media is his only hope to win the battle in the court of public opinion after Berrigan sold out to the corporate hierarchy.

He should probably hire a professional writer to publish a book chronicling the outright distortions and falsehoods that Goodell brought against himself and the organization.

I could not care less how many players approve or disapprove of him.

Tom Benson would sooner pooh in his cereal bowl and I would join him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom