ESPN SportsNation Chat(NFC South) (1 Viewer)

(Ill post a few)

Mad Mike (Houston): Kidder: The next 3 weeks are crutial for the Saints to take control of the division. Do you agree? Why or Why Not. Thanks, MM

SportsNation Keith Kidd: Mad Mike, each game is going to be critical for them because every game they play I keep looking for them to fail. However, this team just keeps finding ways to win. Yesterday they had no Horn, no Brown, but they still found a way to win.

Who is Keith Kidd?

k: Keith, what are Bree's chances for the following awards: MVP, Probowl, Comeback Player of the Year?

SportsNation Keith Kidd: Definitely Comeback Player of the Year. Possibly Pro Bowl.

SportsNation Keith Kidd: I don't see him taking over Peyton for MVP.

k: Keith, what are Bree's chances for the following awards: MVP, Probowl, Comeback Player of the Year?

SportsNation Keith Kidd: Definitely Comeback Player of the Year. Possibly Pro Bowl.

SportsNation Keith Kidd: I don't see him taking over Peyton for MVP.

Comeback from what? He was a pro Bowl choice last season!

Way too much Saints Buzz!!!

Couldn't do it, way too much to post. I guess b/c these so called experts want to believe that we are for real now, they took mainly Saints questions.

Comeback from what? He was a pro Bowl choice last season!

Probably since he had a very severe injury at the end of the season. Regardless, because of the way he played most of last year, while Javon Walker didn't even play, I would think it would have to go to Walker right now.

Quote: "Who is Keith Kidd?"

Corporate Answer #1: Mr. Kidd is an analyst at Scouts Inc. responsible for scouting and commenting on the NFC South for ESPN Insider. Per his blog he spent 14 years in NFL front offices before joining Scouts Inc. - including time with the Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns and New England Patriots.

Personal Answer #1: One of the more politcally correct oriented ESPN analysts that I have read. When asked: "Will the Saints make the playoffs?", he would probably typically respond with the "Bongo"-ish answer: "Yes, if they keep winning".

That indicated, I must admit that I am not a fan of his, or other analysts that have a tendency to be "fair weather" supporters of the Saints, and that others on this Board may be.

Sidney Crosby(Pittsburgh, PA): Given the off day by the Falcons, If they can go back to the way they performed in the last two weeks and the defense decides to step up, Can the Falcons take the division from the Saints and go to the superbowl?

Keith Kidd: They have to play a whole lot better than they did yesterday against the Lions. To me, this team was extremely disappointing against a bad Lions team. They will need to rebound in a big way against another bad team, the Browns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jacob (Lafayette, LA): IF Marques Coltston keeps playing like this what are the chances that having Reggie Bush on the same offense would prevent him from rookie of the year honors?

Keith Kidd: Doesn't make any difference Colston has positioned himself for strong consideration for the award. But there will be other players involved

Wally (Plano TX): OK so the Saints are for real, still picking Carolina to win the South?

Keith Kidd: Yes, the Saints are for real however the Panthers will have to go 6-2 in the second half to have a shot. The Falcons are still a team to be wreckoned with in this division. This division should come down to the final week of the season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Travis (Canada): Is Colston more a talent that slipped through the scouts fingers or more a produce of the system he is in?

Keith Kidd: Great question. He is more talented that what the scouts thought when he came out. However, this guy to me has been the most amazing rookie in the league so far this year.

Wally (Plano TX): Hey Keith, honestly should us Saints fans start thinking of making noise in the playoffs THIS YEAR, or should we plan for Superbowl 43?

Keith Kidd: Unfortunately, no. I think a winning season is the most realistic goal. The playoffs would be like the icing on the cake. But the thing you have to be excited about the most is just the overall direction of the team. They have totally exceeded my expectations

Wallace Ordoyne, New Orleans, La.: Is Reggie Bush showing a severe lack of NFL talent or is it just me? I really want him to succeed but to put him in a class with Michael Vick is just crazy!

Keith Kidd: Wallace, it's definitely you. The one thing Bush has brought to this team is how teams are so conscious about how to defend him. It has allowed other players .. like Colston or Devry Henderson .. to make plays.

Kevin(San Diego): Keith what is one of the main parts of the saints team that needs addressing before they can be considered a deep playoff team?

Keith Kidd: I think this team has to get a lot better defensively. But their defense has exceeded my expectations. Also, can you imagine what a great TE could do in this offense?

Kevin(San Diego): Keith; Tough call, Lovie Smith, Sean Payton for Coach of the Year?

Keith Kidd: Definitely Sean Payton at the midway point. Who expected the Saints to be 6-2 and atop the division?

quote: Unfortunately, no. I think a winning season is the most realistic goal. The playoffs would be like the icing on the cake. end quote.....

So, we are going to go 3-5 or worst the rest of the way? We have 8 games left and we are currently 6-2. We only have to win half of our games to make the playoffs in the weak NFC. I don't see us missing the playoffs.

quote: Unfortunately, no. I think a winning season is the most realistic goal. The playoffs would be like the icing on the cake. end quote.....

So, we are going to go 3-5 or worst the rest of the way? We have 8 games left and we are currently 6-2. We only have to win half of our games to make the playoffs in the weak NFC. I don't see us missing the playoffs.

I am with you. So this guy sees Carolina going 6-2 with this sked:

Tampa
St Louis
@Wash
@Philly
Giants
Steelers
@Atlanta
@Saints

I will be impressed if they can 5-3 with that sked! If they go 6-2, well deserved and they would be a tought team to play at that point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom