ESPN: teams doing serious research on Jordan Love (Saints mentioned) (1 Viewer)

His Bowl game against Kent State was on ESPNU last night so I watched it. I don't get the hype. he looked ok against mediocre college talent. I do remember his game against LSU and he looked horrible. If you look like that against elite college talent how are you gonna look against NFL talent?

I do not want him at 24 that is for sure. Let's be honest our QB's in the draft with SP have not been good.

Last edited:
In my opinion, the Saints need to take a QB every draft until you find the one. If you think T. Hill is the next one in line, you need to find the next one. T Hill will get hurt and you will need to have a similar style of QB to run the offense. My first choice to fill in for T. Hill would be J. Hurts. If T. Hill is your starting QB, you will essentially be running a 2 QB system. It is not in his nature to pull up and not lower his shoulder.

I would have liked to take a flyer on Hurts in the 3rd. However, there are some rumblings now that he could go late 1st and will not make it past the mid-2nd at the latest.

I would have liked to take a flyer on Hurts in the 3rd. However, there are some rumblings now that he could go late 1st and will not make it past the mid-2nd at the latest.
I chuckle at such rumblings. Players' agents do spin a good yarn.

NFL.com pretty much saying Love isn't interviewing well. Could be a late 1st
Curious. I wonder what goes into a bad interview? Is he making mistakes in his understanding of what the coaches are throwing at him? Getting defensive or showing stubbornness? Or total nonchalance and lack of care, a la Aaron Brooks?

How does he remind you of Brooks?

Honestly, I see the comparison. Both taller, lankier guys that have deceptive speed and good athleticism. Big arms but not well developed passers. Brooks had his best year the season prior to his last year in college just like Love.

I chuckle at such rumblings. Players' agents do spin a good yarn.

Anyone taking Hurts before the 3rd is crazy IMO. All he's done is play on the best teams in college football with the best talent and still look like a high school QB when it comes to the development of his passing ability.

It's not impressive to throw open bombs to 1st round picks. It's impressive to read defenses under pressure and get the ball out. Hurts doesn't do that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom