ESPN: teams doing serious research on Jordan Love (Saints mentioned) (1 Viewer)

I think Tua injury fears is a bit overblown. Every player can sustain a career ender. Outside of a freak accident, Tua really only had a bad ankle injury. A competent team would know how to protect him and keep him upright with much more emphasis on QB protection rules in the NFL than college. Sadly, I haven't heard anything valid about these awful teams being afraid to draft him.. Tua best bet... Hope a good team trades up to get him, but Redskin holding that 2nd pick for a king's ransom infront of Dolphins, and Chargers. Don't be fooled by the Redskins talk about pulling a Kyler Murray with Haskins. They want picks from a QB desperate team.

Right now... Tua seems pretty solidify at 2-5. Hebert at 5-6 and Love at 10-20.
He’s had two tightrope surgeries. One on each ankle. With a broken finger, quad, and knee injuries, but I wouldn’t consider those to be major. I would have concerns about the hip and ankle surgeries. Although, I’m no doctor, and he’s so darn talented that I’d still draft him.

I think Ruggs maybe there too. In that case u definitely take Ruggs. He'd be BPA for sure
I’d love to have Henry. Don’t think he will drop to our pick tho. Speed thrills and it kills. Someone will covet that speed if nothing else imo.

I’d love to have Henry. Don’t think he will drop to our pick tho. Speed thrills and it kills. Someone will covet that speed if nothing else imo.

Everything I've seen indicates that he'll be available in the late 1st. Of course it all depends on when the run for WR starts

As for Love, I wouldn't be mad if he fell to us n we picked him. But part of me wants them to wait till next draft for a QB n make a hard push for Justin Fields or Jamie Newman. I think both will be more polished n certainly more battle tested against better competition than Love will be

I think the pick will be Love, Aiyuk or Queen barring an unforeseen drop like Tua.

Id be thrilled with any one of them.

I have questions about Murray, especially after reading Underhill’s article comparing him and Queen.

I like Aiyuk a lot, even if WR isn’t quite as big of a need with Sanders signed.

My concern is that if we don’t move up, we likely won’t have a shot at Love or Queen (or Tua if he drops). I’d like to get out with an instant starting LB, but Queen and Simmons May be the only sure things there.

Id be thrilled with any one of them.

I have questions about Murray, especially after reading Underhill’s article comparing him and Queen.

I like Aiyuk a lot, even if WR isn’t quite as big of a need with Sanders signed.

My concern is that if we don’t move up, we likely won’t have a shot at Love or Queen (or Tua if he drops). I’d like to get out with an instant starting LB, but Queen and Simmons May be the only sure things there.

I’d much rather trade back than up. Make up for the two picks we’re short.
What could we get for our first I wonder?
If we could get 2 seconds and say a third or fourth then I’d be all for it.

very good article on Mr. Love.

We need Miami to take a QB at 5, Las Vegas to take a non-QB at 12, and Denver to stick with Locke. He's not getting past Raiders at 19, thats the bullseye to target on Love.

I’d much rather trade back than up. Make up for the two picks we’re short.
What could we get for our first I wonder?
If we could get 2 seconds and say a third or fourth then I’d be all for it.

Yeah we’d need a dance partner for that. It would be great if we could pull it off. I’m just not sure how many teams have two 2s they’d be willing to give (unless it’s a future 2).

The value in this draft beyond select top 10 or 12 prospects is between 30 and 50 or so. We either need to move up to assure we get one of the top players or drop back and try to accumulate multiple picks in that range (and I’m not sure if any teams would be willing to do that).

Yeah we’d need a dance partner for that. It would be great if we could pull it off. I’m just not sure how many teams have two 2s they’d be willing to give (unless it’s a future 2).

The value in this draft beyond select top 10 or 12 prospects is between 30 and 50 or so. We either need to move up to assure we get one of the top players or drop back and try to accumulate multiple picks in that range (and I’m not sure if any teams would be willing to do that).

Fair points.
Would you do it for a 2 and a 3?

Fair points.
Would you do it for a 2 and a 3?

I think I would, yeah. Obviously it’s dependent on what our board looks like. But Ireland and co have been so good at hitting on those picks that I’d be cool with leaving the draft with three top 90 players over two.

very good article on Mr. Love.

We need Miami to take a QB at 5, Las Vegas to take a non-QB at 12, and Denver to stick with Locke. He's not getting past Raiders at 19, thats the bullseye to target on Love.
Rumors are that the Raiders are infatuated with Hurts but I do not think they have a 2nd. If so and they like him more than Love, they may be a target for a trade (although they could go all the way to the end of round 1 if they want the 5th year option).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom