ESPN: teams doing serious research on Jordan Love (Saints mentioned) (1 Viewer)

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Do you think we go QB? We have to right?
I think with Drew signing with NBC, basically meant that SP was indeed saying this is Drew’s final year was factual. So, SP has said that TH7 will be the successor, but he didn’t say that he will be for a long term solution. I think at this point, we will have to look at QBs in the 1st rd to get that 5th year option. However, I don’t see Love being available anywhere near pick #24, but if for some reason he is, then I would think that he has a great chance at being picked by us. I could see him being drafted by the Chargers. They seem hellbent on drafting a QB, and with Burrow and Tua off the board, Love would only make sense.

What’s the knock on Herbert? Everyone and their mom seems to have him locked in to the top 10

Maybe this guy in the 6th.
(I kid)
Didn’t even know Joe had a brother playing QB.

I don’t think so either. Tua would have to be injury fears of course. Else he’d go 1 imo.
I think Tua injury fears is a bit overblown. Every player can sustain a career ender. Outside of a freak accident, Tua really only had a bad ankle injury. A competent team would know how to protect him and keep him upright with much more emphasis on QB protection rules in the NFL than college. Sadly, I haven't heard anything valid about these awful teams being afraid to draft him.. Tua best bet... Hope a good team trades up to get him, but Redskin holding that 2nd pick for a king's ransom infront of Dolphins, and Chargers. Don't be fooled by the Redskins talk about pulling a Kyler Murray with Haskins. They want picks from a QB desperate team.

Right now... Tua seems pretty solidify at 2-5. Hebert at 5-6 and Love at 10-20.

I think Tua injury fears is a bit overblown. Every player can sustain a career ender. Outside of a freak accident, Tua really only had a bad ankle injury. A competent team would know how to protect him and keep him upright with much more emphasis on QB protection rules in the NFL than college. Sadly, I haven't heard anything valid about these awful teams being afraid to draft him.. Tua best bet... Hope a good team trades up to get him, but Redskin holding that 2nd pick for a king's ransom infront of Dolphins, and Chargers. Don't be fooled by the Redskins talk about pulling a Kyler Murray with Haskins. They want picks from a QB desperate team.

Right now... Tua seems pretty solidify at 2-5. Hebert at 5-6 and Love at 10-20.
I do think Tua is a lock to go high. However, the hip injury is a very real concern. Obviously teams will have medical records to review, but there is risk of the hip dislocating again after happening in such violent fashion once already (at least from what I have heard on interviews with doctors on Sirius/XM).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom