Euro soccer teams intending to form a breakaway league (2 Viewers)

I don’t care about this one way or the other, but I have to admit that the UEFA prez Seferin or Cefrin whatever his name is... his comments that I read were straight up entertaining. Going off about the disgraceful snakes who lack any human values.

Hahaha I’m hooked. Lovin it.

I suppose they could forfeit Chelsea’s win over Porto and put Porto in the final.

They could, but I would think that they would want to put three four teams in the semis. I would guess that not having semifinal matches would be a major issue with their TV contract.

So, I don't really think they will just make PSG the winners. Although, it will probably end up that way anyway if they get rid of Chelsea, Real Madrid, and Man City. Not much mystery left.

I don’t care about this one way or the other, but I have to admit that the UEFA prez Seferin or Cefrin whatever his name is... his comments that I read were straight up entertaining. Going off about the disgraceful snakes who lack any human values.

And it is of course ironic coming for a UEFA/FIFA official. I mean the stadiums for the World Cup in Qatar are literally being built by slave labor with basically no safety protocols. And who is the one using that slave labor? That's right, the Qatar ruling family that owns PSG. And the President of PSG is also a high up official in UEFA.

I saw a quote today from someone that said something like "This is like watching a Tarantino movie. There are just bad people everywhere you look."

Yeah, we’re long overdue for Europe to lose their collective shirt over something. Thought it might of been Brexit, nope, looks like it’s going to be soccer.

Really rich coming from the president of UEFA of all places.

So, it looks like the Super League is no more. Reports that Chelsea, Man City, and Athletico Madrid are already withdrawing and the 12 teams are going to meet tonight to talk about dissolving the league.

People seem to be talking about this as some sort of real victory for "working man football", but it hasn't been that way since at least the formation of the Premier League and domination of the league by Chelsea's, Man City's, and United's money is going continue with only the occasional blip of a Liverpool or Leicester winning with an amazing year or building perfectly following a big sale.

The Super League wasn't the answer, but reforms are needed badly because you now have a de facto super league anyway.

Last edited:
So, it looks like the Super League is no more. Reports that Chelsea, Man City, and Athletico Madrid are already withdrawing and the 12 teams are going to meet tonight to talk about dissolving the league.

People seem to be talking about his as some sort of real victory for "working man football", but it hasn't been that way since at least the formation of the Premier League and domination of the league by Chelsea's, Man City's, and United's money is going continue with only the occasional blip of a Liverpool or Leicester winning with an amazing year or building perfectly following a big sale.

The Super League wasn't the answer, but reforms or needed badly because you now have a de facto super league anyway.

FYI 2021-22 payrolls
MUFC - $175mm
Chelsea $132mm
Man City $136mm

Liverpool- $135mm

But i get what you are saying in essence. But Liverpool is one of the bigger spending clubs as of last several years and continued success will simply make that number climb.

I suspect that David De Geas days are numbered at MUFC especially at a $20mm/yr contract and the fact that we are seeing Dean Henderson more and more both UEFA and PL play.

income inequality is everywhere. from sports to real life. How do you avoid it?

Id like to really see them promote from their respective schools. Unfortunately you dont get a Marcus Rashford every year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom