Euro soccer teams intending to form a breakaway league (1 Viewer)

I don't think I have ever seen many millionaires apologizing for their actions like in this case.

It is true that both UEFA and FIFA need some transparency and work, but now we know the power of the fanbases and change that has to come should take this into consideration.

I have been very dissapointed with I have seen of the World Cup in Qatar, and we all know how Havelange, Blatter, Platini, etc, have carried their business.

I thought that Qatar would be the braking point. People are learning on the conditions on the construction of the stadiums, and once the event comes, the weather, lack of alcohol and other restrictions will make people to complain even more

These organizations have to be more transparent, both in the ways they make decisions and with audits of their businesses. This is something that the big clubs can start pushing. In this case, they do have the support of the fan base.

I don't think I have ever seen many millionaires apologizing for their actions like in this case.

It is true that both UEFA and FIFA need some transparency and work, but now we know the power of the fanbases and change that has to come should take this into consideration.

I have been very dissapointed with I have seen of the World Cup in Qatar, and we all know how Havelange, Blatter, Platini, etc, have carried their business.

I thought that Qatar would be the braking point. People are learning on the conditions on the construction of the stadiums, and once the event comes, the weather, lack of alcohol and other restrictions will make people to complain even more

These organizations have to be more transparent, both in the ways they make decisions and with audits of their businesses. This is something that the big clubs can start pushing. In this case, they do have the support of the fan base.

Seems unlikely given that one of the biggest clubs, and one people are praising for not joining the Super League, is PSG, which is owned by the Qatar ruling family that got the World Cup in Qatar and used all that slave labor to build the stadiums. And, the President of PSG is high up in EUFA.

Like I said before, everywhere you look in this there a nothing but bad people on both sides.

And fans aren't blameless in all of this. They expect their owners to spend 200 million pounds every year to buy the players they need to win the league and/or win the Champions League, but they also expect them to respect the values of the traditional English clubs. And, those two things don't work together. You can either have the tradition and values of the old English clubs (values by the way that didn't really include no racism) or you have the Premier League where the best players in the world play. I mean, look at a club like Newcastle. They demand their owner sell because he won't splash the cash and they want him to sell to a middle east oil billionaire so they too can try to buy the championships. Where is the tradition and values in that? Where is the competition in that?

for some perspective, the last time he addressed supporters was 2005 after purchase. LOL Not a PEEP in 16 years until now.

Falling in deaf ears in Manchester from the looks of it.

Yeah, Arsenal's board apologized yesterday. But it's not really helping them and Kronke is getting even more criticism since it was the Arsenal board, not him, that apologized. It's a no win situation right now for the 6's owners. They probably just need to sit tight, be quite and let it blow over. Nothing they say will appease the English fans at this point.

No UMD on that list (for shame) they are in contention practically every season....

So, it looks like the Super League is no more. Reports that Chelsea, Man City, and Athletico Madrid are already withdrawing and the 12 teams are going to meet tonight to talk about dissolving the league.

People seem to be talking about this as some sort of real victory for "working man football", but it hasn't been that way since at least the formation of the Premier League and domination of the league by Chelsea's, Man City's, and United's money is going continue with only the occasional blip of a Liverpool or Leicester winning with an amazing year or building perfectly following a big sale.

The Super League wasn't the answer, but reforms are needed badly because you now have a de facto super league anyway.

I agree reforms are needed badly but attempting to "Americanize" soccer was bound to be a dismal failure. Not sure about the other clubs but my son said Luke Shaw and Harry McGuire (on behalf of all the players) got into a shouting match with Ed Woodward and all of a sudden MU backed off....

No UMD on that list (for shame) they are in contention practically every season....

I agree reforms are needed badly but attempting to "Americanize" soccer was bound to be a dismal failure. Not sure about the other clubs but my son said Luke Shaw and Harry McGuire (on behalf of all the players) got into a shouting match with Ed Woodward and all of a sudden MU backed off....

Yeah, I don't think the American model works in that culture. But, something really does need to be done or only Man City, Chelsea, PSG, and any other club bought by a Middle Eastern Oil family, an oligarch, or a nation state will be relevant soon.

Yeah, I don't think the American model works in that culture. But, something really does need to be done or only Man City, Chelsea, PSG, and any other club bought by a Middle Eastern Oil family, an oligarch, or a nation state will be relevant soon.

Disagree a bit on the relevant part, just a few years ago Leichester City (who?), won the EPL, i agree it doesn't happen as often as I like, but it does happen (unexpected lower tier team surprises)....

Disagree a bit on the relevant part, just a few years ago Leichester City (who?), won the EPL, i agree it doesn't happen as often as I like, but it does happen (unexpected lower tier team surprises)....

Yeah, and their Thai owner (RIP) was only worth $5 billion.

So there's still room for the little guys.

;)

Like I said before, everywhere you look in this there a nothing but bad people on both sides.

And it seems television rights are other big part of contention.

I mean, it happens occasionally, but it's usually just luck that allows it to happen. Leichester has remained relevant and won then mostly just because Jamie Vardy wasn't the kind of guy that wanted the bright lights of London, Paris, etc. But, Leicester could just as easily be in the Championship in the next 5 years as stay in the Premier League. Anyway, I just think the exclusivity of the elite teams will grow beyond what it is now.

Yeah, and their Thai owner (RIP) was only worth $5 billion.

So there's still room for the little guys.

;)

I mean, that's kind of the point, right? Chelsea and Man City were the equivalent of Leicester not that long ago and now they are two of the elite teams because they got bought by a Middle Eastern Oil family and a Russian Oligarch. It's an odd sort of Cinderella story.

I mean, it happens occasionally, but it's usually just luck that allows it to happen. Leichester has remained relevant and won then mostly just because Jamie Vardy wasn't the kind of guy that wanted the bright lights of London, Paris, etc. But, Leicester could just as easily be in the Championship in the next 5 years as stay in the Premier League. Anyway, I just think the exclusivity of the elite teams will grow beyond what it is now.
Actually, you see more of these surprises at the Champions League, a smaller team giving a tough time to one of the elite teams.

Now, these smaller teams have to finish at least top 4 in their current league.

Here is where you get a chance to see teams like Wolves, West Ham, Sevilla, Atletic de Bilbao, Nantes, etc performing better than expected.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom