Evans - #1 Rated Guard by a Mile (2 Viewers)

nicks will be better in a few years.....and thats not a knock on evans....just a compliment to carl nicks and his commitment to playing guard rather than tackle

2 of the best young guards in the league and people are starting to notice around the league because of our new found ability to run the ball

the same site ranks jeff charleston ahead of charles grant and will smith.....i said this in the other thread and im not knocking the rankings....just saying sometimes we gotta take everything into account before we crown a websites credibility

I don't pay too much attention to that site even though it says our CB's are beastly. They have Vilma at like 52 or something incredibly low. I know there has stuff to do with backups seeing garbage time and stuff but really 52?

But I do agree Evans is a beastly guard and is one of our key guys that we need to resign.

the same site ranks jeff charleston ahead of charles grant and will smith.....i said this in the other thread and im not knocking the rankings....just saying sometimes we gotta take everything into account before we crown a websites credibility

Good observation. I was wondering how credible the site is. I'm sure the methodology they use is not fullproof. I do think Evans is one of the best guards in the NFL, though.

we must, must find a way to keep him this year, give him a 6 year 25 million dollar deal, and he will be ours

There is no way that he signs for only 4 mil a year. He will command much higher than that considering his age and value.

Was curious how Evans' ranking was holding up. He's still #1 in run blocking, but #2 overall behind Steve Neal. On the bright side, Evans and Nicks are both in the top-10 overall.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_posi... work=G&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

I think Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks are good if not great ones, however I am not sure I believe in these rankings. What I like about the Guards.....We don't notice them getting beat.

click on the ratings for DE......smith and grant are 68, 69 out of 72
mccray is 28...

we need to draft that position badly....

You think this guy wants a do-over...

http://sundaymorningqb.blogspot.com/2006/05/draft-recap-bustin-on-busts.html

"Jahri Evans (Round 4, Pick 108, Saints): Jahri Evans played at Bloomsburg. Bloomsburg is a Division II school Evans helped to an undefeated regular season and a Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) Eastern Division Championship in 2005. He weighs 340 pounds and has problems in space and finishing second-level blocks. He was taken ahead of Fred Matua, Mark Setterstrom, Tyler Reed, Rob Sims and Tre' Stallings. SMQ does not ever expect to see Jahri Evans in a regular season game."

(I put this in another thread, but I think it really belongs here.)

You think this guy wants a do-over...

http://sundaymorningqb.blogspot.com/2006/05/draft-recap-bustin-on-busts.html

"Jahri Evans (Round 4, Pick 108, Saints): Jahri Evans played at Bloomsburg. Bloomsburg is a Division II school Evans helped to an undefeated regular season and a Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) Eastern Division Championship in 2005. He weighs 340 pounds and has problems in space and finishing second-level blocks. He was taken ahead of Fred Matua, Mark Setterstrom, Tyler Reed, Rob Sims and Tre' Stallings. SMQ does not ever expect to see Jahri Evans in a regular season game."

(I put this in another thread, but I think it really belongs here.)
Wow! That whole article was an EPIC FAIL. That dude basically missed on every bust that he listed. Haloti Ngata?! He's one of the premier defensive tackles in the NFL, and that was clear from day one! He also totally missed on Jahri Evans. Good thing he isn't an NFL scout.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom