Evans - #1 Rated Guard by a Mile (1 Viewer)

oneofamillion

Pro-Bowler
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been posted, and credit to kewinn89's post that led me to this site. I thought about posting it as a reply there, but wanted Jahri to get his props those guys never get the recognition that they deserve.

This almost seems likely to be a calculation error because the disparity is huge, but Evans is rated as the top guard with a 12.8 overall ranking and the number two guy is a 9.4. More incredible is the run-blocking rating; Evans is a 12.9 and the next highest rating is a 7.8!

He's a beast and I wouldn't trade him for any guard in the league now taking into account his age and ceiling. So, Jahri, NICE WORK!

http://profootballfocus.com/by_posi... work=G&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

we must, must find a way to keep him this year, give him a 6 year 25 million dollar deal, and he will be ours

I think those ratings are interesting and fun, and I think they are a reasonable guide.

But look at how Carl Nicks is rated. He has a negative rating for run blocking, which is just completely stupid. If he has a weakness, it's picking up stunts and blitzes in the passing game.

On several occasions last week, he drove Kris Jenkins 4 yards off the line of scrimmage. There is a play in the 4th quarter where the loudest sound on the field is a tremendous pop when those two players collided--Nicks won the battle and Thomas gained about 7 yards running behind him.

He's a great run blocker. So why does he have a negative run-block rating?

I have no idea, but I'd take these rankings with a grain of salt.

If the collective bargaining agreement doesn't get extended it will push back his free agency another year and Evans should remain a restricted free agent after this year.

That Jerry Evans guy is a beast!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like that undrafted LSU player Stephen Peterman is rated second. I can't help but feel a little vindicated.

/homerhomerhomer

Look at our secondary! We have 5 players in the top 20 of their respective categories.

I always thought Nicks was the better run blocker.

Evans and Nicks may be the best guard combination in the NFL. Nicks sometimes destroys the opposing player.

If you look at rating by week most of his rating came in week 1 vs Detroit... just saying

PlayerBar.php

I agree Nicks is a good run blocker, but PT was ripping off huge chunks of yardage running behind Evans against the Jets. It seems like all of his biggest runs came on the right side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom