Even if Atlanta Wins the Super Bowl I Will Not Consider Matt Ryan an Elite Quarterback (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Let's see him do this on a consistent basis. They are in the postseason for the first time since 2012.

Ryan hasn't done crap in years. Falcons message boards wanted to run him off the last couple seasons. Hell this year I drafted him in the 13th round of my fantasy draft as my backup QB after such greats as R. Fitzpatrick and Tannehill went before him. Does that sound like an elite QB?

It doesn't matter what we say. The NFL train and the media train has already anointed him.

Close but no. Flaco no e manning no wilson no newton no. Just three. Brady Brees Rodgers

It doesn't matter what we say. The NFL train and the media train has already anointed him.

74949027.jpg

Matt Ryan's a great QB and has been absolutely phenomenal this year. It's ok to say it. Don't be afraid of that feeling of respect bubbling up from your gut. It doesn't mean you can't still love our Saints and despise the Clowns (or Failcons, whichever degrading play on their name you prefer). Personally, I'm rooting for the championship to stay in the division. It adds to the drama of identically built teams battling with the upstarts going forward. Maybe it will be the final negative development to finally spur the front office to supplement our offense with a quality D.

Matt Ryan's a great QB and has been absolutely phenomenal this year. It's ok to say it. Don't be afraid of that feeling of respect bubbling up from your gut. It doesn't mean you can't still love our Saints and despise the Clowns (or Failcons, whichever degrading play on their name you prefer). Personally, I'm rooting for the championship to stay in the division. It adds to the drama of identically built teams battling with the upstarts going forward. Maybe it will be the final negative development to finally spur the front office to supplement our offense with a quality D.

IG the falcons win there is as great of a chance of the saints getting better as there is the chance of the saints getting even worse. They winning or not will have no effect on the saints going forward. The only thing will happen is there will be falcons fans all over the place talking trash to saints fans.

If we are talking 2017, he is elite. And next season, with the pieces on offense he has around him, he will be considered elite and will be ranked ahead of Drew, in large part because he is six years younger and has some mobility.

Well said. He has played great this year. And I think Falcons winning the SB will be better for the saints as opposed to NE... There will be pressure on the saints.
More so, Ryan is the anti-Newton. I couldn't bring myself to root for Panthers last year, but don't mind Ryan and the Falcons winning their first ring. That is something we can all identify with.

Call Matt Ryan elite, call him whatever... the only name that I want him to be called is LOMBARDILESS.

I mean, he's playing like a MVP, so....

And I love how this entire board grabs the pitchforks if Brees isn't "properly" complimented (even when he is getting proper respect, it's still not enough for some people), but say one good thing about Ryan (or....any other QB really), and it's "the media" anointing them or some such nonsense. :hihi:

It's ludicrous to say Matt Ryan is not a good QB. Of course he is.

But in watching that Green Bay game, what did he do that 60 other quarterbacks couldn't?

Most every pass he threw there wasn't a defender within 5-8 yards of the receiver. Is that Matt's fault? Of course not.

I just saw a Brad Johnson back there. I saw a guy that has the best receiver in football and the other good receivers that benefit from that.

We see Brady, Brees, even Rodgers thread needles to receivers that can't get open. All Matt Ryan did yesterday was piss in the ocean and people championed his accuracy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom