Even the refs are tough in the NHL (1 Viewer)

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Caps @ Rangers... a ref just took a puck in the mouth from freaking Alex Ovechkin. Fell to the ground... blood dripping on the ice... got up, went to a bench, got a towel, wiped his mouth, he's back officiating.

... and if you are not watching this game, you are missing a fantastic golie duel between Holtby and Lundqvist

5 stitches. And you can almost play Jingle Bells with all the pipes the Capitals have hit.

I had the unfortunate luck to get hit by a puck at what I guess is called a minor league hokey game in Biloxi many years ago during one of the first games they had there. I think the glass just wasn’t assembled right but it was enough to let a puck get through and hit me in my right shoulder. I was dropped to the floor like I had been hit by Tyson in his prime. My shoulder was dislocated and was popped back in after I was loaded in the back of a ambulance. When the puck hit me it was flat. I know this because there is a little pattern on the puck that was visible in the bruise on my arm.

Caps @ Rangers... a ref just took a puck in the mouth from freaking Alex Ovechkin. Fell to the ground... blood dripping on the ice... got up, went to a bench, got a towel, wiped his mouth, he's back officiating.

... and if you are not watching this game, you are missing a fantastic golie duel between Holtby and Lundqvist

Doesn’t surprise me. Hockey is a tough sport. Speaking of great goalies....I’ll just add that the greatest ever, imo....was Patrick Roy.

Doesn’t surprise me. Hockey is a tough sport. Speaking of great goalies....I’ll just add that the greatest ever, imo....was Patrick Roy.

Of the goalies I've watched play, I go with The Dominator, Dominik Hasek. Not taking anything away from Roy, because he was fantastic, but Roy played most of his career with teams that were loaded, whereas Hasek didn't, especially in the defense department.

Watching Roy goal tend was like watching the Terminator goal tend, a machine.
Watching Hasek goal tend was like watching Neo gold tend in the Matrix.

They both are in anyone's list of top 5 all time. If they aren't, that list is bogus.

Last edited:
I would also go with Hasek. It's like he was Plastic Man the way he was able to contort his body to block shots. I'm also partial to Eddie Belfour, but Hasek was better than Eddie the Eagle.

Of the goalies I've watched play, I go with The Dominator, Dominik Hasek. Not taking anything away from Roy, because he was fantastic, but Roy played most of his career with teams that were loaded, whereas Hasek didn't, especially in the defense department.

Watching Roy goal tend was like watching the Terminator goal tend, a machine.
Watching Hasek goal tend was like watching Neo gold tend in the Matrix.

They both are in anyone's list of top 5 all time. If they aren't, that list is bogus.
I would also go with Hasek. It's like he was Plastic Man the way he was able to contort his body to block shots. I'm also partial to Eddie Belfour, but Hasek was better than Eddie the Eagle.

Hasek is my #2. He was amazing and y’all summed up his style perfectly. I also have Eddie in my top 10.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom