Even though it's preseason (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You just can't throw the switch and get better. This has been the problem. All these threads about this one is great in camp. It doesn't matter until it's game time.

Turnovers, missed assignments, penalties, and bad tackling just doesn't fix itself. Let's see what next week brings.

The Texans embarrassed us last year. A stronger defense than New England who played without their best defensive player in RN.

You just can't throw the switch and get better. This has been the problem. All these threads about this one is great in camp. It doesn't matter until it's game time.

Turnovers, missed assignments, penalties, and bad tackling just doesn't fix itself. Let's see what next week brings.

The Texans embarrassed us last year. A stronger defense than New England who played without their best defensive player in RN.

I thought tackling was good, for the most part. Still, this was the first time we put something on film at full speed, and against an opponent other than ourselves. Now they have a list of thing they NEED to work. Before this, it was just preparing for this moment. Now the mistakes are on tape and we can go fix them. That's why there is typically a bigger improvement between week 1 to 2. Let's see how next week goes. I'm just glad to have football back!

We've had some pretty putrid preseasons before followed by good regular season play.

The most concerning thing is the negative turnover ratio. That has been the biggest recurring problem for the Saints under Payton, and it reared its ugly head again last night. But it's way too early to say that this one game--the first preseason game--is going to be predictive of the regular season.

And no Chandler Jones.

The only good things about our turnovers is that one was by someone who rarely does it in the regular season on his first real hit of the year so it may have just been some rust, and the rest were by people who probably wont be playing in the regular season for us unless things have gone terribly wrong.

I'm worried about the OLine, and thats about it. As long as everyone stays healthy.

The only good things about our turnovers is that one was by someone who rarely does it in the regular season on his first real hit of the year so it may have just been some rust, and the rest were by people who probably wont be playing in the regular season for us unless things have gone terribly wrong.

I'm worried about the OLine, and thats about it. As long as everyone stays healthy.

On the Mark Ingram fumble, it looks like he thought he was down and got the ball knocked out while he was laying on top of an o-lineman.

Hard to tell from the camera angle, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it was made out to be. Still sucks that that drive was killed.

Apparently you must have missed when the starting defense minus its two best players (Breaux, Jordan) was in the game. It looked pretty solid and MUCH improved over what we got used to seeing under Rob Ryan!! If you'll remember last year when Garopolo lit up the Saints defense for about 80% completions and about 250 yards in one half. That was not the case last night at all.

I saw a lot of things last night that definitely need to be cleaned up but I also saw a huge improvement over what we've seen the last two years as well!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom