ever go to an away game alone? (1 Viewer)

soupcan dan

just the salad please
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
cincy's only 200 miles away and i really like that stadium, been there three times, but i can't find a soul to go along. anyone ever done a saints away game alone before? how'd it go? better yet----if you're going where ya sitting? i could use a safe place. thinking about finding a single when i get down there.

Yes I have. Just try and find the saints fans in the parking lot. You will probably come away with some new friends.

Nope. With my luck,I’d be placed in between Bengals fans lol.

I have been to several alone. The key is to hang around a group of Saints fans. You can always find them and don’t be obnoxious!

I did. San Diego when they had Leaf.
Think it was 1999 or 2000.

Enjoy if you go. ?

cincy's only 200 miles away and i really like that stadium, been there three times, but i can't find a soul to go along. anyone ever done a saints away game alone before? how'd it go? better yet----if you're going where ya sitting? i could use a safe place. thinking about finding a single when i get down there.

I’ll ask my best friend if he’s going. He’s a huge Bengals fan but an awesome person. He may be going.

I’m sure you’d rather a Saints fan. ?

not planning on being a jerk, probably cover the jersey with a plain coat. i'm 55, not looking for trouble---just another chance to catch the magic. i'd appreciate your help hump, or anyone else's.

not planning on being a jerk, probably cover the jersey with a plain coat. i'm 55, not looking for trouble---just another chance to catch the magic.

I think Cincy and Baltimore are pretty similar.

You'll be okay because you're not a Steelers fan.

The Saints also aren't in the AFC North, so there's not that animosity either.

You're not a Steelers fan.

Saints fans and Cincy fans have a LOT in common...we both have had some lean, lean, lean years/decades. There's a brotherhood there.

You're not a Steelers fan.

Worst case scenario, if you get locked behind a door or in a trunk, you already know how to escape.

I’ll ask my best friend if he’s going. He’s a huge Bengals fan but an awesome person. He may be going.

I’m sure you’d rather a Saints fan. ?

We had a huge SR group for that game. I will never forget a few drunk charger fans wanting to fight with me after the game. I had gone downstairs right away to hit the head and these few were giving me grief after we won. They were full of piss and vinegar until about 60 saints buddies came walking down. I just laughed.

The other visual was lustmord having his bald head painted but he forgot to put sunscreen on under it. It was a warm day in San Diego. It wasn't a pretty sight for lustmord. Still hurts just thinking about it.

That game brings back a ton of memories about old posters. Still wonder how MOE, Whodat, Cocajun, TucsonSaint, and David Robbins are doing?

The answer to the question is no.

But I recently reserved a refundable hotel room in Atlanta for the Super Bowl which I'll be going to alone if the Saints make it.

You should definitely go dan. Check the road games/tailgate forum. That's what I did when I flew over from Aus for three games last year with my buddy. We were taken in by a bunch of Saints fans we'd never met before everywhere we went - LA, NOLA, Atlanta. Southern hospitality is definitely a real thing!

only been to a Saints game alone once in my life, I became a legend

unknownwhodat.jpg

We had a huge SR group for that game. I will never forget a few drunk charger fans wanting to fight with me after the game. I had gone downstairs right away to hit the head and these few were giving me grief after we won. They were full of piss and vinegar until about 60 saints buddies came walking down. I just laughed.

The other visual was lustmord having his bald head painted but he forgot to put sunscreen on under it. It was a warm day in San Diego. It wasn't a pretty sight for lustmord. Still hurts just thinking about it.

That game brings back a ton of memories about old posters. Still wonder how MOE, Whodat, Cocajun, TucsonSaint, and David Robbins are doing?

That is awesome. I’ve made an SR crawl game but in New Orleans.
Glad y’all had fun and wish I’d have known. My grandfather had two beach houses in La Jolla and one on Mission Beach so I was there all the time back then. Good times indeed.

I've gone to a game with my college roommate, my brother, two with my buddy from high school, and two with girlfriends at the time - both are now ex's if we're really keeping score... The other 13 games? Solo. I'd love to have company, but I won't hold myself back. Life is too short...

It's Cincinnati. In daylight. With decent weather - see you at the game.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom