Ever notice Saints on other teams highlights.....? (1 Viewer)

saintlad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I got bored and started watching a couple of "Football Life" and old Top Ten and I started to notice something.

Is it me or have you ever noticed when they showcase a player on Sports Center or other highlight shows, they tend to show that player "making a play "against the Saints? And sometimes it is not a spectacular play that warrants a highlight.

I am not saying players who play against Saints all the time , but players the Saints have not played against in a couple of years. Somehow they seem to find a clip of him making a play against the Saints.

Ex. Saw something with a Colt player, don't remember the guy, but he was a receiver making a standard first down catch. Nothing special. So that was a couple years ago.

Just curious, have you guys noticed it as well ???

No. Because I haven't watch any of these shows in like so many years. Sports news are exactly like any news channel. They are very bias in their coverage and commentary, that I turn away from anyone of them.

I think you just notice the Saints more because you are looking out for them.

I just watched a bunch of highlights from NFL’s YouTube channel. The Saints were the victim in 8 clips of about 200, which is pretty darn close to the expected average of 1 out of every 31.

If the Saints are showing up more (and I don’t believe that to be the case), it would likely be due to them playing in more high profile games over the past two years due to their recent success.

If you're watching old films it's likely because the Saints were so freaking awful for so long that the dome was the place to film other teams' highlights.

Remember, we won our first playoff game in 2000. Archie never played on a team with a winning record. All those dome patrol years amounted to nothing except a dominant D.

Ditka was 3 and 13 for 3 years or so and almost 100% of our respectability has come since Payton arrived in 06. Even then, our D has been bad to the point of all time records and still a great place to film offensive highlights.

Not so much the big play thing, but I have noticed bias in another way.

When players leave the saints they are suddenly superstars.

Jimmy Graham was a good player until he got traded then he’s all of a sudden a superstar. Same with Stills.

Cooks? Did anyone even know who he was? Then gets traded to the Pats and it’s like we are morons for getting rid of the next Jerry Rice!!!

Ingram, he’s going to suddenly transform Baltimore into a super bowl contender?

But while they are here they’re all bums...

I've noticed this. And sometimes they are "highlights" from games that were lost by the other team. I am like, wouldn't it make more sense to show highlights from a win? That should be relatively easy to find. But I've noticed this.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
I notice it all the time even in the recent years when the team has been good. On the flip side they hardly show highlights of the team scoring on other teams.

I’ve noticed something similar to what you’re referring to for years but it’s not only clips of gameplay, it’s various moments throughout gameday: shots of players warming up, mingling on the sideline, coming on and off the field, ect.

However, it’s typically only for our home games, rarely if ever an away game. That has me thinking it might be something to do with the way the lighting of the Superdome is set up that it makes the shot(s) aesthetically pleasing for continuous re-use and not just a repeated swipe at us.

Yes. My son plays as the Saints on Madden, and I always tell him that he was just posterized. Just as the Saints were. I remember us sitting and counting the times the Saints appeared during separate highlights

Last edited:
Absolutely!!!! It’s like standard practice.....if you want to have a career defining play (no matter who you are), it will happen against us. That goes for rookie QBs, crappy Kickers, or any scrub picked up off the streets

I got bored and started watching a couple of "Football Life" and old Top Ten and I started to notice something.

Is it me or have you ever noticed when they showcase a player on Sports Center or other highlight shows, they tend to show that player "making a play "against the Saints? And sometimes it is not a spectacular play that warrants a highlight.

I am not saying players who play against Saints all the time , but players the Saints have not played against in a couple of years. Somehow they seem to find a clip of him making a play against the Saints.

Ex. Saw something with a Colt player, don't remember the guy, but he was a receiver making a standard first down catch. Nothing special. So that was a couple years ago.

It's funny that you bring this up.

This has been a running joke between me and my buddy's for a couple years now.

Now it could be just bc I'm a die hard fan, I notice every time the saints are involved in any highlight.

It has always seemed to me and my friends that the national media tends to show other teams success against the saints.

Like I said, could be just bc I'm hyper sensitive to a saints uniform but idk. It seems to me a lot of people feel that way

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom