Ever turned off a Saints game that wasn't going your way? (1 Viewer)

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
Sticky Post
For some reason this thought randomly popped in my head today.....and I thought it would make a good topic.

Offhand, I really don't remember ever just abruptly turning off a Saints game, for the sole reason of the game's outcome not being kosher. For some reason I just can't bring myself to end the misery, I suppose. Or maybe I feel like I can't fully appreciate the good times without occasionally having to wade around in **** .

Though I do remember at the end of 2005, I didn't go out of my way to watch Saint games after Todd Bouman was announced as the starter. One was on Christmas Eve (Detroit)….so there was a family event that I saw no need to schedule the Saints around...... and the other was a week later on New Year's Day (Tampa Bay)…...though I did briefly listen to that one on the radio while on the road. Whether it was right or wrong.....my mentality was simply that if the Saints were checking out early on the season, so could I.

What about any of you? Were there any games where you just had to cut it off and start fresh the next week?

Denzien

May contain 10% Ethanol
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Before the Payton era, I would go mow the lawn. Literally my least favorite activity. Because I would rather mow the lawn than watch the next 10 minutes of Saints football. Of course, I would check in on them every 10 minutes or so, then continue.

Yatman

threadkiller
Reaction score
Many times.

And abandoned Tulane Stadium and The Dome when things got too out of hand.

Anyone under the age of 20 hasn't earned the cynicism to quit on a Saints game. :cool:

black_floyd

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I've stopped watching countless games. 3 hours is a huge time investment if it's something I'm not enjoying. Usually the criteria that must be met for me to stop watching is a 3-possession deficit in a game where we can't get a single thing right or if it's getting close to the end of the game and we're all but mathematically eliminated from any chance of winning. Like 3 minutes left, 2-possession deficit, and don't even have the ball at that time.

southdeltan

Veteran
Reaction score
I've walked out of the room and not been in a hurry to get back before. I remember what it was like to not have a winning record so I usually take the losses with the wins.

I went to sleep on Superbowl LI. My wife woke me up to tell me the Falcons lost. I couldn't believe it - I got up and was giddy while I looked at the online news.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Only time I turn the Saints off is when the other team has won and is kneeling down. Nothing I can learn from kneel-downs.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

JvilleJoe

Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Only time I turn the Saints off is when the other team is kneeling down. Nothing I can learn from kneel-downs.
I am with you. The only times I ever turned off or did not watch if I could, in my 50 plus years of being a fan , was when that kneeling craze was going on. In fact, I turned off the NFL entirely as I was so angry at the league for letting that BS get out of hand.

BBarnes6182

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I haven’t, but I remember when we played Washington during our SB run. My dad was so frustrated during the Saints game that he told his then girlfriend “let’s go before I get too PO to even go shopping”.

If only you guys could have seen his face when he walked in and asked about the final score.

He loves the Saints deep in his bones like all of us, but watching them for their entire existence was something tough for him at times. It took him some time to convert from “oh crap here we go again” or “I have seen this show before” to expecting good to come from every game.

Nothing I cherish more than talking B&G with my dad.

Reaction score
Yeah, wow. Surprised at how many haven't. I got stuff to do. I can't sit around watching 45-14 hopefully become 45-21.

More recently I've just turned the sound down and worked on the computer or something without paying attention, but in the past, yeah I've shut them off.

Rastus

Rookie
Reaction score
I got so pissed of at the opening Tampa game last year I went to the mall to buy pants in the 3rd quarter. Then it got interesting and I had to drink beer at the wing joint and watch the end. So I tried but ultimately failed. Lol.

kennystillsfan

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I think it was last years redskins game. I was so frustrated and just left the room. But my sister and father continued watching it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom