Ever turned off a Saints game that wasn't going your way? (1 Viewer)

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
Sticky Post
For some reason this thought randomly popped in my head today.....and I thought it would make a good topic.

Offhand, I really don't remember ever just abruptly turning off a Saints game, for the sole reason of the game's outcome not being kosher. For some reason I just can't bring myself to end the misery, I suppose. Or maybe I feel like I can't fully appreciate the good times without occasionally having to wade around in **** .

Though I do remember at the end of 2005, I didn't go out of my way to watch Saint games after Todd Bouman was announced as the starter. One was on Christmas Eve (Detroit)….so there was a family event that I saw no need to schedule the Saints around...... and the other was a week later on New Year's Day (Tampa Bay)…...though I did briefly listen to that one on the radio while on the road. Whether it was right or wrong.....my mentality was simply that if the Saints were checking out early on the season, so could I.

What about any of you? Were there any games where you just had to cut it off and start fresh the next week?

SaintsIn2009

BRING THE WOOD!!!
Reaction score
I have. The frustration was so bad I had to turn it off and leave the house. Then I got back and found out they won. I haven’t done it since!

catch22

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Two years ago we were losing the I think the Red Skins with about 5 minutes left. I was mad and had other things to do so I cut it off and got busy. I got a text a little while later about the big come back. I turned the TV back on time to see the game winning FG. I was beside myself. I did the same thing last year against Cleveland hoping to the have the same results! Sure enough, another comeback!

*KamaraG!rl*

The artist formerly known as *BreesG!rl*
Reaction score
Yeah, wow. Surprised at how many haven't. I got stuff to do. I can't sit around watching 45-14 hopefully become 45-21.

More recently I've just turned the sound down and worked on the computer or something without paying attention, but in the past, yeah I've shut them off.
Right?!

SuperKid

Bring us 1 more
Reaction score
I think it was last years redskins game. I was so frustrated and just left the room. But my sister and father continued watching it.
Huh? that game went nearly perfect from the start and Drew set an all-time record... or are you talking about the Redskins game from the 2017 season? The Kamara bobble comeback.

I'd say the last time I turned off a Saints game was the Bengals game during the 2014 season that was during a 5 game home losing streak, and to not even be competitive against an Andy Dalton led team was kind of my final straw that day.

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Been a Saints fan since the beginning...…….so you tell me.

I was at the game in Tulane stadium when the Falcons ran up the score to the tune of 62-7. My family had season tickets back in those days and some of them refused to leave. I mean it was like a one sided track meet!!

It's been a long time since I turned a game off but I am guilty as charged!!

TheGooch

Stanky good!
Reaction score
Nope never have... however, the worse we start losing the higher the beer count goes and eventually that beer count turns my eyes off.

Does that count :idunno:

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
No, since the time I was 8 yo, 1978, I have watched every play of every game. Even through the gulf war and other deployments, my dad videotaped them and saved them til I got home and I watched, analyzed and enjoyed as if not knowing the outcome. Even when u go to a game, I come home and watch for things I couldn’t see at the game. I never left early from any of the Tiger Stadium games in 05. 1. I pay good money and no matter how bad the game is going i’d shoot myself if I left early and missed the most epic comeback in history.

wnelson

Who Dat Nation
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I watched the Vikings playoff loss when I was a kid with my mom and grandmother. I learned a colorful vocabulary that day hahaha but I had sweet revenge when we kneeled and said Hail Mary's when Hartley made the field goal. My mom texted me nonsense while I was hugging grown men who were in tears at the game. My grandmother was in the home by then but she called me the next day and said "I didn't think I would live long enough to see this" she took me to my first game as a kid.

My kid walked out of a game we were watching last season... she apologized and returned. I told her you cant be a true fan without walking out at least once lol

Tennessee Saints Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Only one game in recent memory. As Beastmode was slowly breaking every tackle as our D was foolishly trying my make him fumble. Still haven’t watched that play fully to this day.

Clarkey

32 Years and Counting...
Reaction score
You have to understand something: I was a fan before satellite television and the internet. Getting the opportunity to see a live game on TV was a really big deal - you have no appreciation for what I went through...

Given the trouble and expense I went to see Saints' games on TV (e.g. contravening international broadcast agreements for starters) I didn't care how badly they were playing or losing, I was going to watch the whole damn thing! :LOL:

black_floyd

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
You have to understand something: I was a fan before satellite television and the internet. Getting the opportunity to see a live game on TV was a really big deal - you have no appreciation for what I went through...

Given the trouble and expense I went to see Saints' games on TV (e.g. contravening international broadcast agreements for starters) I didn't care how badly they were playing or losing, I was going to watch the whole damn thing! :LOL:
I'm curious what sparked your connection to the Saints, given your location, history cited in the quoted post, and your forum signature. Did you move away from Louisiana in the past? Do you have parent(s) with Louisiana ties?

Clarkey

32 Years and Counting...
Reaction score
I'm curious what sparked your connection to the Saints, given your location, history cited in the quoted post, and your forum signature. Did you move away from Louisiana in the past? Do you have parent(s) with Louisiana ties?
I need to put this link back into my signature...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom