Ever turned off a Saints game that wasn't going your way? (1 Viewer)

There was a game some 5-6 years ago that went off the rails right from the start. I went out and put an Edelbrock Super Victor intake/Holley 670 Street Dominator carb setup on my truck. I was much happier with the performance of my truck that day than the performance of the Saints :hihi:

I've only turned it off if the other team is kneeling and there is no way for the Saints to get the ball back.

If it's really bad, sure. Usually if there's still a chance they could come back, I'll keep watching. One I do remember is Saints/Seahawks in the playoffs back in 2013. I couldn't watch the beating any more, so I turned off the TV and went for a very angry run.
Against the Rams this year, I walked away, but that was more from a "Screw the NFL" standpoint after Cam's TD got called back. Drew hurt and the NFL continuing to unfairly influence the game? You're not getting my ad money, NFL.

The 7-9 years were my "I'm done with this team" years. I would tell myself,"I'm not watching this mess next week", Then the next Sunday would arrive and I'd remember that Drew is always worth the watch. I literally need to see Brees play. He is that great.

I turned a game off few season's ago we were playing Redskins and was behind by a few scores late in the game, Drew appeared to throw an int. and with that the case the game would pretty much be over, after reviewing the play they decided it wasn't an int. Saints drive continues and Drew pulls off one of his greatest comebacks and I missed it

i turned off the week 2 Rams game for obvious reasons. So badly wanted revenge on the Rams only to lose Brees and then get blown out after the bad whistle. couldnt deal with the disappointment

2009, Dolphins. I walked outside to smoke a cigar (Rocky Patel Vintage 1990). I left the door open and glanced at the TV from time to time to check on the game.

I didn't finish the cigar.

Nope. Never. I sit and watch the whole thing good or bad. It’s what my grandparents taught my father and it’s what my father taught me. It’s this lesson that molded my father into the crotchety old man that he’s become and who in aspire to be.

Nope, I once watched a saints game (recorded) back in the 90's that they were beaten 42-0 by san. fran. It was a Monday night game and I worked 2nd shift at the time. got out of work without knowing the score, but as I started watching it, my wife let mw know" you going to watch that? they got beat 42-0. Watched it anyway. Love my Saints!

Not the past few years obviously but in our 7-9, 8-8 stretches I would throw little fits and turn the game off. But every single time without fail I'd end up angrily putting it back on within five minutes.

Every time the other team scores I change the channel hoping to reset the juju

The Saints have won many games with Brees after being down 14 with 5 min. left. The one time I left early was the game against the Patriots where they scored 14 in the last 2 minutes and beat us. I was confident they couldn't possibly lose so I tried to beat the traffic.

Nope! If you did you're not a true fan real fans stick by there team win or lose! WHO DAT!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom