Ever Wonder What it Would Look Like if the NFL Used the BCS System (1 Viewer)

I wonder if the Saints get the screw job Auburn got in 2004 if this ever happens.

/sourgrapesstill

And yes I am still an Auburn fan.

That formula even stinks in the pros!

If it were the BCS Colts = Ohio State and the Bears = USC
They are just trying to piss people off.

Sadly, it would be better than in college. At least in the pros, many of the teams have actually played each other. Every single one of the teams has played a quality opponent. I think it just goes to show how stupid the NCAA system is. It is a major reason why I am a bigger NFL fan than NCAA fan. And I love my Tigers...

What is with the Football Outsiders?

the saints are low [relative to their w/l record] because the type of ball they play vitiates the basic DVOA assumptions. the goal of the DVOA is to find the best team relative to the others [through certain assumptions and stats via league averages] because every team doesn't play every other team.

unfortunately [for DVOA], NFL football is not about which team is better. it's about wins and losses, and stringing together an unbeaten streak once you make the playoffs. DVOA has nothing to do with wins and losses.

footballoutsiders.com is chock full of stats. stats are for losers. you make the connection. this is the short answer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom