Ever wondered how Superbowl Tickets get alloted? (1 Viewer)

NCSaint

So where are all the tickets coming from? The NFL league office controlled 25.2 percent of the tickets and distributed 17.5 percent shares each to the Giants and Patriots for their own use and sale to their season ticket holders. The Arizona Cardinals got 5 percent and each of the other 29 NFL teams got 1.2 percent allocations.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080128/super_bowl_tickets.html

So that means the Saints got 1.2 X ~73K = 876 tickets.

Not quite 876.... 73K * 25.2% = 18,396 to NFL, of that 17.5% each goto Pats/Giants = 3,219 for each team. Cards get 5% = 919, every other team gets 1.2% = 220-221. SO it's even worse than 876.....

"The NFL league office controlled 25.2 percent of the tickets....."

Last edited:
Not quite 876.... 73K * 25.2% = 18,396 to NFL, of that 17.5% each goto Pats/Giants = 3,219 for each team. Cards get 5% = 919, every other team gets 1.2% = 220-221. SO it's even worse than 876.....

Your math is wrong for the Pats/Giants, Cards and rest of NFL.. Try adding all of those back up to 73000.. It doesn't.. The original numbers are correct..

Your math is wrong for the Pats/Giants, Cards and rest of NFL.. Try adding all of those back up to 73000.. It doesn't.. The original numbers are correct..

You are correct. It's simple math.

(29x1.2) + 5 + (2x17.5) + 25.2 = 100%

I guess the NFL gives that 25.2% to big time corporate sponsors and sells them to other companies together as package deals or sweepstakes prizes.

So how do us as idividuals buy the tix beside from scalpers, like at ticketmaster or is there a drawing?

So how do us as idividuals buy the tix beside from scalpers, like at ticketmaster or is there a drawing?

I've always heard that the Saints have a lottery for season ticket holders for the opportunity to buy superbowl tickets from their pool, which would be a fraction of the 221 that they are allotted. Probably 2.

Yeah, just check eBay or StubHub.. I'm sure they're all over there.. And outrageously priced..

I've always heard that the Saints have a lottery for season ticket holders for the opportunity to buy superbowl tickets from their pool, which would be a fraction of the 221 that they are allotted. Probably 2.

This year, the Saints should actually get 876 along with every team other than the Cardinals..

73000 X .012 = 876

Supposedly they do a lottery with the season ticket holder names.. I don't know of anyone that's been given the chance to buy SuperBowl tickets through that though.. :shrug:

There are a few ways...

Each year the NFL will have a public lottery and you have to submit your name via old fashioned postal mail. If chosen you then have the opportunity to buy the ticket(s) (not sure if it is one or two).

Then there is www.ticketreserve.com which is abit like buying a lottery ticket. If the Saints make it to the big game you can then buy the ticket at the price your option was priced at. If they don't make it you lose out. Oh yeah you can sell your option as well. Current Saints options are going for http://www.ticketreserve.com/eventM...ugid=696398000&teamId=17&leafId=T17E700009698
to next years Superbowl.

There are a few ways...

Each year the NFL will have a public lottery and you have to submit your name via old fashioned postal mail. If chosen you then have the opportunity to buy the ticket(s) (not sure if it is one or two).

Then there is www.ticketreserve.com which is abit like buying a lottery ticket. If the Saints make it to the big game you can then buy the ticket at the price your option was priced at. If they don't make it you lose out. Oh yeah you can sell your option as well. Current Saints options are going for http://www.ticketreserve.com/eventM...ugid=696398000&teamId=17&leafId=T17E700009698
to next years Superbowl.

http://www.nfl.com/help/faq
How can I buy Super Bowl tickets?
The only method the NFL has to distribute tickets to the public is through a random drawing. There is no other way for the general public to purchase tickets. The NFL does not sell tickets to travel or ticket agents.

Entries for the random drawing are accepted between Feb. 1 and June 1 of the year preceding the game in question. All ticket requests must be sent via certified or registered mail. Those selected in the random drawing will have the opportunity to purchase two tickets.

Requests for Super Bowl XLII, to be played Feb. 3, 2008 in Glendale, Ariz., will be accepted beginning Feb. 1, 2007. They should be sent to:

Super Bowl Random Drawing
P.O. Box 49140
Strongsville, OH 44149-0140

Please note that only one request per address is accepted. All duplicate requests will be disregarded.

http://www.nfl.com/help/faq
How can I buy Super Bowl tickets?
The only method the NFL has to distribute tickets to the public is through a random drawing. There is no other way for the general public to purchase tickets. The NFL does not sell tickets to travel or ticket agents.

Entries for the random drawing are accepted between Feb. 1 and June 1 of the year preceding the game in question. All ticket requests must be sent via certified or registered mail. Those selected in the random drawing will have the opportunity to purchase two tickets.

Requests for Super Bowl XLII, to be played Feb. 3, 2008 in Glendale, Ariz., will be accepted beginning Feb. 1, 2007. They should be sent to:

Super Bowl Random Drawing
P.O. Box 49140
Strongsville, OH 44149-0140

Please note that only one request per address is accepted. All duplicate requests will be disregarded.

Thanks for the info...I will be sending in again this year. Only cost 5 mts and a stamp. I think around June or July I rec'd a postcard from the NFL saying I didn't win. I wasn't expecing to win but hey if you don't play you can't win for sure - right?

I am seriously considering the ticketreserve way. Do you know anything about it?

This year, the Saints should actually get 876 along with every team other than the Cardinals..

73000 X .012 = 876

Supposedly they do a lottery with the season ticket holder names.. I don't know of anyone that's been given the chance to buy SuperBowl tickets through that though.. :shrug:

Hmm, yeah right. Those tickets are like gold bars...you could finance your kids education and a pretty nice mad money fund if you get your hands on 10 or 20 each year. Something tells me that no season tickets holder lottery is held. I could be wrong...would be interested in hearing from someone who knew. I used to be a season ticket holder and no one every told me I was in a lottery for SB tickets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom