Everquest 1 Creator (Brad Mcquaid) making new MMO via kickstarter (1 Viewer)

Smooth_Criminal

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Everuquest 1 creator Brad Mcquaid is making a new MMO. The project is being funded via Kickstarter

The goal of development is to bring something like Everquest 1. Not everyone's cup of tea but there is a market for it. The way kickstarter works is: you pledge a certain amount of money. You are not charged until the deadline of the kickstarter and it reaches it's goal. The first link is the official KS. The second is some quotes from devs.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...allen?ref=live

Read some Q&A here

Kickstarter: Q&A | Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

Everuquest 1 creator Brad Mcquaid is making a new MMO. The project is being funded via Kickstarter

The goal of development is to bring something like Everquest 1. Not everyone's cup of tea but there is a market for it. The way kickstarter works is: you pledge a certain amount of money. You are not charged until the deadline of the kickstarter and it reaches it's goal. The first link is the official KS. The second is some quotes from devs.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...allen?ref=live

Read some Q&A here

Kickstarter: Q&A | Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

I spent a lot of time in Norrath many many moons ago. I don't think I'll be donating. He completely whiffed on Vanguard. Also, let's be honest all you are doing is subsidizing startup cost for a game he will eventually sell to SoE. I've been playing DAYZ, and I realize now there are some immersion elements that EQ got right, but a lot of his "vision" just made the game nutcracking hard. What was done right: force first person, EQ did it sorta by having such a horrible 3rd person in the beginning, and no map. The death penalty, no gate/bind for melee classes(because screw those guys!), the horrible game design that made soloing impossible.

If you want to play EQ, it's free. Also there is stuff like P1999. I really wouldn't recommend to any old EQ player to give money to this guy. I'm not sure I like the idea of millionaires asking regular guys to fund their projects in the first place.

Playing project 1999 and ran into some hardcore folks who are also in the Pantheon alpha testing. It got glowing reviews as a game much like the original EQ for social, but updated graphics.

I'm seriously considering buying into the beta. Just can't justify the money to play alpha.

SWG Emulator, play free, play one of the most unique MMO experiences that ever existed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom