Everthing Vilma Goes Here [MERGED} (3 Viewers)

vilma is now a saint? ive been at work all day... someone fill me in on what went down today

Per Tom Rock at Newsday:

"Vilma comp update

Just got off the phone with Mike Tannenbaum on a conference call. He said that the Jets aren't getting a conditional pick in 2009 from the Saints for Vilma. He said the deal is for a solid pick THIS YEAR in 2008 and, based on Vilma's production, possibly another pick in 2009. And it sounds like that second one could be a third-rounder.
Well, that changes things a bit."

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/football/jets/blog/2008/02/vilma_comp_update.html

WIth all this Vilma talk what happens to Fujita? Think they will move him over to another spot?

WIth all this Vilma talk what happens to Fujita? Think they will move him over to another spot?

Vilma will take Sim's spot.

BTW, Vilma's personal website has been updated - no more Jets logos, jerseys, etc.....

I can't tell you how excited and pleased I am to be a member of the Saints. That they went out and traded for me makes me feel wanted and I think I will fit right in to that 4-3 defense. I know that was something people talked about a lot over the years, playing in a 3-4, but I tried to make it work and I think I did.

more at www.jonvilma.com

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2008/02/report-jets-faneca-close.html

"The compensation in the Jon Vilma trade to the Saints has been widely reported inaccurately. Here’s the real deal: The Jets will receive a fourth-round pick from the Saints in the upcoming draft. If Vilma achieves playing-time incentives and signs an extension with the Saints, the Jets would receive a second- or third-round pick in 2009. In that case, the Jets would send their fourth-rounder in ‘09 to the Saints so they could recoup this year’s fourth rounder."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom