Everybody just stop and watch Drew Brees (1 Viewer)

Guido Merkins

VP of Janitorial Affairs
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that we probably aren't getting back to where we wanna be...certainly not this year anyway.

So I'm gonna just sit back and watch the best QB that will likely ever play for this franchise do his thing. Because it is beautiful and when he breaks all those records, I want to see him wearing that flour de lis on his helmet.

So get away from me with any talk about getting rid of Drew so we can rebuild. Once he's gone, we are gonna wish like hell that he was back. We have a chance to beat ANYBODY in the league because we have #9. I am thrilled we paid him his money. He deserves it more than any player that has ever worn a Saints uniform.

Last edited:
OP...I can appreciate this topic because to tell you the truth...I shudder to think what the Saints will look like when Brees is gone....We are watching greatness at work and even though we lost in controversial fashion yesterday it is an honor watching #9 at his best. I just love the way he handles the team pre snap and makes things happen...that 98 yard td to Cooks was absolutely magical.

We are closing in a point where what Sean Payton will be remembered for most, at least by the football world outside New Orleans, is his record of defensive futility and how he squandered the talent of a top 3 all time QB.

We are downhill to 10 year mark since we were a championship caliber organization and on this side of that water mark what people seem to take for granted of the Saints is that Brees can hurt you but they are so bad on defense that you always have a shot against them.

I texted that sentiment to my family last night.

I'm going to enjoy watching #9 do his thing this year. We are fortunate enough to have of the the GREATEST QB'S OF ALL TIME and while the rest of the team maybe "wasting" his efforts, I for one will not waste the opportunity to watch and appreciate his talents.

I've come to the conclusion that we probably aren't getting back to where we wanna be...certainly not this year anyway.

So I'm gonna just sit back and watch the best QB that will likely ever play for this franchise do his thing. Because it is beautiful and when he breaks all those records, I want to see him wearing that flour de lis on his helmet.

So get away from me with any talk about getting rid of Drew so we can rebuild. Once he's gone, we are gonna wish like hell that he was back. We have a chance to beat ANYBODY in the league because we have #9. I am thrilled we paid him his money. He deserves it more than any player that has ever worn a Saints uniform.

Are you sure? Paxton Lynch may be on the market. Are you sure you're sure?

Just kidding, Drew may go down in history as the most prolific QB EVER.

OP...I can appreciate this topic because to tell you the truth...I shudder to think what the Saints will look like when Brees is gone....We are watching greatness at work and even though we lost in controversial fashion yesterday it is an honor watching #9 at his best. I just love the way he handles the team pre snap and makes things happen...that 98 yard td to Cooks was absolutely magical.

We will look like the Saints around the time I began watching them in 1986 during the strike year. The newer fans (if they stay fans ) will see what the older fans endured because we have a chance to return to the dark ages.

We had the Dome Patrol with Hebert and look what happened give me Drew and that defense and we have at least 3 more rings.

That is what is so misleading about this team to fans is aside from Brees this is a young team that is rebuilding

Unfortunately we may end up being a 6-10 or 7-9 team with him. Let's face it folks DEFENSE does win championships. If you don't believe that then you must have not watched the Super Bowl last season.

That 98-yard pass-catch-and-run to Cooks was a thing of beauty. Drew showed his vision and precision. Cooks showed his route running ability and speed, and that next gear on the break-away.

I posted these same sentiments exactly on FB late last night.

The needing to appreciate what I'm watching every Sunday with him. We will not see the likes of a QB like this ever again.

Unfortunately we may end up being a 6-10 or 7-9 team with him. Let's face it folks DEFENSE does win championships. If you don't believe that then you must have not watched the Super Bowl last season.

I think you certainly need a decent defense to win. But Denver last year and the Ravens and the Bucs...defenses like that don't come around very often.

What does come around very often are elite QBs winning championships. It is therefore incumbent in the era of free agency to be able to pay the QB if he is elite and build your defense through the draft and targeted free agency. Aka, the Patriots who, except for the early years of Brady, have been a decent defense with a dynamite offense.

What teams DON'T EVER do is get rid of their elite QB who can still put up 400 yards and 4 TDs to "rebuild." You will never get, in any trade, what Drew Brees is worth, which for the Saints i believe is a team that is probably a 8-8 or 9-7 team with Drew vs a team that is probably a 3-13 or 4-12 team without him.

What the Saints haven't been able to do, which the Patriots have, is continue to put solid defenses on the field despite spending money on the elite QB.

I want success for the team above all, but if we don't make the playoffs, I want Drew to retake the season passing yardage record from Manning. That record belongs to Drew more than any other, IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom