Everyone in the Todd Grantham camp (1 Viewer)

jokerface

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
After reading the below article and doing some more research on Grantham... I am praying we do not hire Grantham.

"Apparently, problems surfaced during Cleveland's October 21 bye week when there was talk that Romeo Crennel could take over the defensive play-calling duties. A welcome change for Browns fans, no doubt, but it wouldn't have done much for Grantham's confidence. It gets weirder, though. Two days ago, before Grantham was canned, the Orange and Brown Report had this:

And just what was the genesis of the problems between Crennel and Grantham? According to several players, none of whom would speak on the record, Grantham "schemed behind RAC's back" in an effort to get him fired before the bye so that he could take over as the interim head coach and, possibly, secure the position for years to come. Additionally, there were "scheme and personnel issues" between not only Grantham and Crennel, but between Grantham and players on the defensive side of the ball. In particular, veterans have been exasperated over Grantham's unwillingness to even listen to input on various defensive issues."
Why the Browns Canned Todd Grantham

After what Payton went thru with Greg Williams the last thing he needs is a coach he can not trust. Parcells is highly recommending Romeo Crennel and if its not him I am sure Romeo will not have anything good to say if Sean Payton asked for his opinion on Grantham.

don't believe all you hear, I'm sure payton is aware of any of this if it has truth to it.

That could have scared me off before knowing Rob Ryan is currently the only other option, much scarier prospect.

I don't know what's scarier... but I'll tell you this: I do not want to go through an off-season with a "Whoop'em Grantham Style" parody.

All i gotta say is go look at the rushing yards Georgia allowed each game, they got ran through like a track star sprinting through toilet paper, it was season ling which mean the GA coordinator could not make adjustments, bring in rob ryan, he did a quality job this yr to say romo out that defense in bad situations & his whole LB corp got hurt

All i gotta say is go look at the rushing yards Georgia allowed each game, they got ran through like a track star sprinting through toilet paper, it was season ling which mean the GA coordinator could not make adjustments, bring in rob ryan, he did a quality job this yr to say romo out that defense in bad situations & his whole LB corp got hurt

Not sure why everyone frowns against this guy... Hes done nothing but coach top tier defense every where hes been. Even if he could get our guys to play at a solid top 20 level we could be looking at a deep playoff run. No one guy has some magic sauce thats gonna turn our defense into a top 3 unit the next season(hope im wrong) so i would rather have a guy that has proven nfl pedegree. I would not mind having rob ryan as our d-coord

Seems to me after reading through every post about the differences between Ryan and Grantham (especially the last 2 posts right before this), that both of these guys have their detractors and supporters, and both of these guys have their positives and negatives. So why not just support whomever Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis decide to hire? I know we like to discuss every single hiring and firing with a fine-tooth comb, but I will be fine with whatever DC we get.

For all the players UGA is putting in the draft, they were 32nd total defense behind Bama, LSU, Florida which had better defenses. That is no excuse when you have the 22nd ranked offense in the country that moved the ball but didn't really blow teams out. UGA's offense was better than LSU, Alabama, Florida.

Don't see why people want this guy so bad, he didn't even field a top 10 defense. UGA ranked 77th against the run, allowing 4.14 yds/carry, 182yards per game. I can see that one going over really well with Doug Martin, Williams/Stewart, Turner in our division. UGA was 19th in the country in takeaways at 30, Bama was 20th with 29.

Bama came in no. 1 at stopping the run, allowing 76 yards per game.
Florida came in 4th at stopping the run, allowing 95 yards per game.
LSU came in 9th at stopping the run, allowing 101 yards per game.

Florida actually tied UGA in takeaway's (30) but Florida had a much worse offense, way better defensive ranking

LSU ranked 6th in takeaways with 33.

LSU had the 85th ranked offense in FBS which makes their defense pretty amazing.
Alabama had the 35th ranked offense in FBS.
Florida had the 103rd ranked offense in FBS, barring sugarbowl collapse, they had a remarkable defense.

I say pass

For all the players UGA is putting in the draft, they were 32nd total defense behind Bama, LSU, Florida which had better defenses. That is no excuse when you have the 22nd ranked offense in the country that moved the ball but didn't really blow teams out. UGA's offense was better than LSU, Alabama, Florida.

Don't see why people want this guy so bad, he didn't even field a top 10 defense. UGA ranked 77th against the run, allowing 4.14 yds/carry, 182yards per game. I can see that one going over really well with Doug Martin, Williams/Stewart, Turner in our division. UGA was 19th in the country in takeaways at 30, Bama was 20th with 29.

Florida actually tied UGA in takeaway's (30) but Florida had a much worse offense, way better defensive ranking

LSU had the 85th ranked offense in FBS which makes their defense pretty amazing.
Florida had the 103rd ranked offense in FBS, barring sugarbowl collapse, they had a remarkable defense.

I say pass

Totally agree, the main thing is Grantham's defense had 5 players that will likely get drafted in the first 3 rounds of this years draft, Georgia's defense should have been ranked top 5 in every category with half the defense being starting caliber NFL players.

I say pass

brofistcover.jpg

Parcells is highly recommending Romeo Crennel

Is this something that's confirmed or just assuming since Crennel comes from Parcells' coaching tree?

Anyways, Williams was also, apparently, highly recommended by Parcells.

With that said:

Romeo Crennel Is the Best Fit for New Orleans Saints' 3-4 Defense | Bleacher Report

And with that said:

I really would rather either Crennel or Grantham. Ryan just strikes me as a clown and that doesn't really fit the Saints' culture.

Is this something that's confirmed or just assuming since Crennel comes from Parcells' coaching tree?

Anyways, Williams was also, apparently, highly recommended by Parcells.

Chris Mortenson reported that Monday on the NFL32 television show.

Seems to me after reading through every post about the differences between Ryan and Grantham (especially the last 2 posts right before this), that both of these guys have their detractors and supporters, and both of these guys have their positives and negatives. So why not just support whomever Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis decide to hire? I know we like to discuss every single hiring and firing with a fine-tooth comb, but I will be fine with whatever DC we get.

Preach on my brother!!!! As long as we are going to a 3-4 defense, we will be better than last year, period..No matter who the coach is. Oh I long for the days of the Dome Patrol. Give me that 3-4 Defense!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom