Everyone keeps saying QB (1 Viewer)

Do I think Purdy is on the level of Mahomes or Burrow? No.

But Purdy has shown a ton of potential and has done more with the 49ers than the two QBs before him.

The 49ers offense with Lance and Jimmy G playing the lion's share of the snaps at QB? Scored 22.6 points per game. The 49ers offense is averaging 33.1 points per game with Purdy.

QB matters.

The Saints offense scoring 13.7 points per game over the final nine game stretch has everything to do with not making the playoffs. How many teams you think the Saints will actually beat scoring 14 points a game?
Thank you. Purdy has played well and rarely makes mistakes. Yeah he didn't light up the Cowboys, but they have this thing called a really good defense.

Purdy given time and a full camp with the starters will make that jump. People forget, he worked with players who didn't make the roster in training camp. I think Purdy can become elite.

Who would you draft in the first if Young, Stroud or Levis are gone?
Next QB up whoever that may be if the one you listed are gone that fits the offensive scheme the saints want to run next season. Of course if you know that guy is going to fall on you next pick, grab another WR.

Id actually run with Carr, he’s an improvement over dalton and Winston, can use that 1st round to trade down and a second plus more or push the pics to 2024.

It’s just a waste at this point to only try and get oline and Dline with a 1st. That hasn’t worked out well, even Brees was getting blown up by rushers when we had 1st on the line.

No but my point is it’s extremely rare. We’re going to need to draft or trade for a QB at some point and mortgaging future picks makes it harder to get the one you want. Someone like Jalen Carter, with our current QB situation, isn’t going to make that much difference to our championship prospects, or lack of them.
Not as rare as you say. Out of the last 10 SB winners, there are 3 that I don't consider elite. Flacco, Foles and Stafford. That's 3 out of 10 or 30%. Hardly rare. If you want to go back 10 more These QB won 5 SB's that I do not consider elite. Eli Manning , Roethlisberger, and Brad Johnson. That's 50%. Once again not rare. You don't have to have an elite QB to win a SB , It helps though. You can win with a very good one but you need a great team to surround him

Next QB up whoever that may be if the one you listed are gone that fits the offensive scheme the saints want to run next season. Of course if you know that guy is going to fall on you next pick, grab another WR.

Id actually run with Carr, he’s an improvement over dalton and Winston, can use that 1st round to trade down and a second plus more or push the pics to 2024.

It’s just a waste at this point to only try and get oline and Dline with a 1st. That hasn’t worked out well, even Brees was getting blown up by rushers when we had 1st on the line.
Next QB up???? That's just ridiculous. You don't use a high or even mid-round 1st on the next QB up. You pick a QB in the 1st because you think he's going to be a starter not because he's the next QB up

Very seldom does a team WIN a superbowl with a middling QB. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson may be the only ones. It's a QB driven league and you need a great QB to win a SB IMO.
Nick Foles, Joe Flacco

We need an uprade to the offensive line because no matter what upgrade you have at QB, they will be running for their lives. Dalton, who is not a mobile QB, but with time was very accurate with good touch and zip. However, our offensive line could not handle a blitz. We had 0% success when the opponent blitzed.

I agree we need another QB, but don't think for one moment it will make a difference if we don't fix the offensive line first.
If we draft another olineman high...I'm going to lose what little sheet I have left.

Denver did....lol.

And Flacco and Eli were far better than anything that we have in what way; being on a better team?

*Jameis has a higher TD rate than all of them
*Both Jameis and Andy have a higher passer rating (both are equal)
*Andy has the highest completion percentage (with Jameis and Flacco being virtually the same)
*Jameis has the most yards per game (Andy is next)
*Jameis has the highest INT rate (Eli is #2)

Flacco and Eli just happened to play on teams with top 5 defenses. Andy did for a while as well (the playoff years).

Imagine saying this about the Titans when they were the #1 seed in the AFC last year (crushing the Chiefs) and the true reason for their drop off this season was their team getting destroyed with injuries.
Cherry-pick stats much?

The path to winning a Superbowl without a great QB is very narrow. It puts more pressure on the other 52 players. Great play at the QB position can make up for holes on a team. A team making up for a hole at QB is way more difficult come playoff time imo

So what you're saying is a NON-Elite QB can have an ELITE yr. LOL SMH
The 3 QBs that I talked about didn't have an elite year per se, but they still have some of the best playoff runs ever and in the case of Joe Flacco, he outplayed Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady on his road to the Super Bowl.

Cherry-pick stats much?
Those are about as barebones as you can get for a QB. Yards per game, TD rate%, INT rate%, completion%, and passer rating. Why are those stats considered cherry picked? lol but still waiting on an answer.

The 3 QBs that I talked about didn't have an elite year per se, but they still have some of the best playoff runs ever and in the case of Joe Flacco, he outplayed Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady on his road to the Super Bowl.

Those are about as barebones as you can get for a QB. Yards per game, TD rate%, INT rate%, completion%, and passer rating. Why are those stats considered cherry picked? lol but still waiting on an answer.
Did you take AD and JW stats just with the Saints?

Did you take AD and JW stats just with the Saints?
LOL.....nope. Those are career stats.
Flacco - 231.3 YPG, 61.6 completion%, 3.7% TD Rate, 2.3% INT Rate, 84 passer rating
Manning - 241 YPG, 60.3 completion%, 4.5% TD Rate, 3% INT Rate, 84.1 passer rating
Dalton - 229.8 YPG, 62.5 completion%, 4.5% TD Rate, 2.7% INT Rate, 87.6 passer rating
Winston - 254 YPG (274 YPG with Bucs), 61.3 completion%, 4.9% TD Rate, 3.4% INT Rate, 87.5 passer rating

I'm just not confident enough in our current regime to select the 'right' QB for us. I don't want to waste a pick this year on a developmental QB, which is all we will get outside a top 10 pick. Load the defense up more, we need a dominant DL. I don't want Carr, cause we're still going to be in a cap situation with him. Plan for 24 to be the year we draft our QB for the next generation.
24 is going to be a QB heavy class with Williams, Maye, Penix, Ewers, all the way down to Cam Rising. One guy that really stands out to me is Jordan Travis from FSU. If one of those guys have the possibility of being our next QB, then we're in the young stud QB crowd that the majority of these winning teams have now.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom