Everyone keeps saying QB (1 Viewer)

Purdy has played well above average to good level although he’s not considered elite yet due to small time frame of play. You can win with a good QB who isn’t Elite I’d rest of team is strong.
And SF is one of the best teams, regardless of QB, in the league with a great coach/scheme/play caller to boot

I guess...3 years lines up with a 2024 rookie QBs progress just as long as year 3 is tied to some sort of roster bonus where we can out after 2. Not excessively binding and probably as good as Carr can hope for at this stage.

I'm not all that high on him...2 winning seasons in a 9 year career and I think he's past his peak. But he might prove me wrong I'm open for it
FA QBs are like buying used cars. You never feel altogether good, when you are buying them. Whether you buy the sweetest car you will ever own, or the broken down heap, you are still making payments on. They both feel the same when buying them.

I am open to other QBs, who do you have in mind? Who fits our scheme?

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS
FA QBs are like buying used cars. You never feel altogether good, when you are buying them. Whether you buy the sweetest car you will ever own, or the broken down heap, you are still making payments on. They both feel the same when buying them.

I am open to other QBs, who do you have in mind? Who fits our scheme?

I don't have one in mind...I think DA should stick with the guy he brought in last offseason to run the offense...Andy Dalton. That was his call, he should be obliged by upper management to stick with it.

And make no mistake, it's the reason why he was brought in. Allen even forced Hill off the QB depth chart for Dalton to have a clear path to QB1...the system we put in place was a perfect match for the "no risk it - biscuit" offense Dalton executed. He did exactly what Allen wanted to accomplish at QB. So yeah, he should be Allen's QB next year.

Respect that..
And these are the things that I harp on when I speak about quarterbacks, especially when we are trying to compare quarterbacks when systems determine style of play. My whole issue is that this nuance isn't afforded to other quarterbacks. We talk about what we don't have but..

-In 2019 (which is the year Jameis is REALLY judged on), he threw a total of 5103 yards. Know how many of those yards came when they were down at least 14 in the 4th quarter? 326 yards. His total yards to garbage time was among the lowest in the league.
-Everybody ignored this when it was released. https://www.pewterreport.com/all-22-film-review-bucs-qb-jameis-winstons-30-ints/ but dude did an All-22 and saw that almost half of the interceptions weren't on Jameis but we will forever talk about 30 interceptions.
-Dink and dunk is all majority of the league does. Mahomes is about to win MVP with nearly 3k of his total yards being YAC. :shrug:

But I got called a "Winstonite" for putting context to stats when folks talked about garbage time stats and his interceptions. :cautious:

At least I know you know that stats have a "story."
Don’t have time to read through the whole Pewter Report article, but what I could get through was great. I would like to see something similar for this season for both QB’s.

I'd take Carter
Then I'd take the next Adrian Peterson in Bijon Robinson.

Be like deuce and grant

Last edited:
You pretty much can’t win a Super Bowl without an elite QB. At this point we shouldn’t be trading future picks to move up for anyone that isn’t a quarterback.
Tell that to Tampa Bay (before Brady of course)

Respect that..
And these are the things that I harp on when I speak about quarterbacks, especially when we are trying to compare quarterbacks when systems determine style of play. My whole issue is that this nuance isn't afforded to other quarterbacks. We talk about what we don't have but..

-In 2019 (which is the year Jameis is REALLY judged on), he threw a total of 5103 yards. Know how many of those yards came when they were down at least 14 in the 4th quarter? 326 yards. His total yards to garbage time was among the lowest in the league.
-Everybody ignored this when it was released. https://www.pewterreport.com/all-22-film-review-bucs-qb-jameis-winstons-30-ints/ but dude did an All-22 and saw that almost half of the interceptions weren't on Jameis but we will forever talk about 30 interceptions.
-Dink and dunk is all majority of the league does. Mahomes is about to win MVP with nearly 3k of his total yards being YAC. :shrug:

But I got called a "Winstonite" for putting context to stats when folks talked about garbage time stats and his interceptions. :cautious:

At least I know you know that stats have a "story."
I think even some of those stats are misleading. Down 14 in the 4th, If a team is down at any point in the 2nd half the D is playing off and the O is passing more . In the JW int article, that guy had an agenda because some of the picks he said were not JW's fault I question. Of course, all of JW's picks were not his fault that yr but I saw more than half were and a lot were really bad. But JW's ints were not one of my biggest complaints about him it was always his decision-making. Mahomes is an MVP because of his escapability and his ability to get the ball to the receiver while escaping

I think even some of those stats are misleading. Down 14 in the 4th, If a team is down at any point in the 2nd half the D is playing off and the O is passing more .
That's what garbage time consist of. It is normally said to be down 2 scores in the 4th and most have it at 17 points (2 TDs with 2 point conversions) meaning the other team has no shot of getting back in the game. I made it 14 just to put it at 2 touchdowns but what the stat that I put up is telling you is the Bucs were rarely in a situation where they were out of the game. Everyone tried to make it as though Jameis got 5100 yards but played a lot of garbage time when for those that qualified, he was among the lowest as it relates to total yardage.

In the JW int article, that guy had an agenda because some of the picks he said were not JW's fault I question. Of course, all of JW's picks were not his fault that yr but I saw more than half were and a lot were really bad. But JW's ints were not one of my biggest complaints about him it was always his decision-making.
Why would he have an agenda in a film study? Everyone wants to talk about "what's between the ears" when Bruce Arians not only ran one of the most complex offenses in the league (one that even the great Tom Brady couldn't finish a season running a scaled down version of), but one that didn't do much to set the players up for success. The author of the article that you believe has an agenda also wrote this about the offense.

The same people blaming Jameis for 2019 blamed Leftwich for Brady looking like trash this season. Go figure..lol.

Also, I want to understand what you question about his analysis of the interceptions. There are some of us that read about Arians' offense, and every pass play in the playbook has a choice route at the top of the route that were the longest developing in the league (who else in the league runs an offense like this). Arians put a lot of blame on the receivers and Chris Godwin himself said at least half of the interceptions were on them. All the article did was visually confirm what the coach and a receiver was saying all season.

Mahomes is an MVP because of his escapability and his ability to get the ball to the receiver while escaping
Those are actually the highlights that ESPN feeds the masses. The VAST MAJORITY of Mahomes passes are screens behind the line of scrimmage and quick throws.

That's what garbage time consist of. It is normally said to be down 2 scores in the 4th and most have it at 17 points (2 TDs with 2 point conversions) meaning the other team has no shot of getting back in the game. I made it 14 just to put it at 2 touchdowns but what the stat that I put up is telling you is the Bucs were rarely in a situation where they were out of the game. Everyone tried to make it as though Jameis got 5100 yards but played a lot of garbage time when for those that qualified, he was among the lowest as it relates to total yardage.

Why would he have an agenda in a film study? Everyone wants to talk about "what's between the ears" when Bruce Arians not only ran one of the most complex offenses in the league (one that even the great Tom Brady couldn't finish a season running a scaled down version of), but one that didn't do much to set the players up for success. The author of the article that you believe has an agenda also wrote this about the offense.

The same people blaming Jameis for 2019 blamed Leftwich for Brady looking like trash this season. Go figure..lol.

Also, I want to understand what you question about his analysis of the interceptions. There are some of us that read about Arians' offense, and every pass play in the playbook has a choice route at the top of the route that were the longest developing in the league (who else in the league runs an offense like this). Arians put a lot of blame on the receivers and Chris Godwin himself said at least half of the interceptions were on them. All the article did was visually confirm what the coach and a receiver was saying all season.

Those are actually the highlights that ESPN feeds the masses. The VAST MAJORITY of Mahomes passes are screens behind the line of scrimmage and quick throws.
Reality suggests that the NFL does not agree with your assessment. I however, would like to subscribe to your newsletter,

Reality suggests that the NFL does not agree with your assessment. I however, would like to subscribe to your newsletter,
What assessment? About Jameis (the links I showed backs that notion up).

Or Mahomes:
short throws.PNG

Sample Pass Chart:
pass-chart_MAH401939_2022-REG-15_1671399021792.jpeg

:unsure:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom