everyone keeps talking about burreaux and rightfully so but... (1 Viewer)

Walterfootball.com has us taking a receiver. The last two mocks had Jefferson and a guy from Liberty.
WIll we get an extra pick if we let Peat leave in FA?

There's some formula. If we acquire a number of free agents, that works against getting draft picks. The compensatory draft picks were designed to help teams who lose young talent in FA and don't replace them. So the Pats are constantly letting the young players go when they are up for their big contract and seldom acquire experienced FAs, so then end up with a bunch of Compensatory picks. Exactly how the formula(s) is layed out is a mystery to me.

Not a thing wrong with Jefferson's speed. Just because he isn't a 4.3 guy (which may not end up being true) doesn't mean he's slow or can't be an effective WR. I know a great WR who didn't run so fast in the 40.

Kamara would not be enought to move up to #1 you would be talking our 2020 1st rd pick - 2020 3rd pick -2021 1st round pick - 2021 3rd pick plus Kamara in my opinion

Since this topic is somewhat about WR in general, take a look at SMU receiver James Proche. He is not a complement to Thomas because he is very similar to Thomas but would probably fit the slot receiver. This kid catches anything near him and he must have some huge strong hands because if he touches the ball he is coming down with it.

Burrow will be a great NFL QB, but I would be ticked off if we did this.

Yea, me too.

But think about it: How do you pay all these people? I mean Kamara, Lat, Marcus, maybe Apple, and more... gives me a giant headache.

Kamara's greatness is half Kamara and half Payton/Brees. If he went to another team, he would still be very good, but not the Cat Daddy he is here.

Kamara would not be enought to move up to #1 you would be talking our 2020 1st rd pick - 2020 3rd pick -2021 1st round pick - 2021 3rd pick plus Kamara in my opinion

Makes no difference. Saints will never get him. Anyone who has a chance to get Burrow won't deal it away, not for anything.

Burrow is a young Tom Brady. Bellichick would give his draft, plus 2-3 good players and a grand child to get him. But, no one would take him up on it. Burrow will be drafted No1, and won't be traded down. So that's that.

Makes no difference. Saints will never get him. Anyone who has a chance to get Burrow won't deal it away, not for anything.

Burrow is a young Tom Brady. Bellichick would give his draft, plus 2-3 good players and a grand child to get him. But, no one would take him up on it. Burrow will be drafted No1, and won't be traded down. So that's that.

which is why I say we go after his 2 best performing assets over 2 years. imagine Jefferson this year and chase next. I know we wont get both but one is a game changer for this offense. burreaux is going to be in cincy or something and that's fine.... give me chase or Jefferson and that would be awesome.

which is why I say we go after his 2 best performing assets over 2 years. imagine Jefferson this year and chase next. I know we wont get both but one is a game changer for this offense. burreaux is going to be in cincy or something and that's fine.... give me chase or Jefferson and that would be awesome.

Good players, but not not as game-changing as a franchise QB or Mike. For all practical purposes you're right, no way someone will give up Burrow. Best thing that could happen would be Burrow's dad does the Archie thing and says "Son, don't go to Cinci". That would be good advice. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom