Everyone's a critic!

Thread starter #1

Eeyore

Sour Pennies
Ratings
I was reading a review of the Blu-ray "Across the Universe." The movie is probably garbage but I might watch it. It's a lame story based on the 60's using Beatles music as a crutch to support the ham fisted screen play. It's supposed to look and sound excellent.

Anyway I came across this gem of a critique on AVSForum... "Was anyone else bothered by the rooftop concert sequence shut down by the police that was such a shameless and blatant ripoff of the U2 video?" :covri:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=983775&page=4

gaminerie

...if you like saxophones
Ratings
do not waste your time watching this movie

i didn't see it and i'll tell you why. Those are two hours of my life that i'd never, ever get back. i could find no justification in anything i ever read about said film, to even bother watching the opening credits.

If you like the Beatles, then spend that time rediscovering The White Album.

If you are just bored and have no better plans for yourself, then test the laws of physics by repeatedly striking parts of your body with a hammer. It will be more rewarding that watching a horrible film just because you haven't seen it.

Curiosity about questions for which we already KNOW the answer, is what gets pap like this in heavy distribution, and good stuff is either never filmed or impossible to find. Don't buy in, dude.