Everything the 49ers defense did this season all for naught (1 Viewer)

They gave up points against good offenses... problem is they didn’t face many.

Had Saints not crapped vs Vikings and Seattle not crapped against Packers, both were very capable of taking San Fran out. San Fran was very vulnerable and it was mainly because of Jimmy G, that was the weak point of that team.

On the flip side, hard for me to see KC out of it again next year, their is no one in the AFC to stop them much like how NE was.

KC COULD find themselves as the next AFC dynasty with Reid and Mahomes. When you think about it, if it were not for a very unfortunate offsides penalty in last year’s AFCCG, the Chiefs would have been in the Super Bowl, back to back already with Mahomes.

Would not call them overrated, though the secondary is only at best average and the defense is based on a great defensive line, which is great because of Bosa and considerable depth. The last touchdown by the Chiefs came with the game largely decided, and Kansas City did little on offense by its standards for the first 52 minutes.

The failure of San Francisco's passing offense in the fourth quarter was for me the story of the game. Whether it was the quarterback or the design, the 49ers could not get it done.

KC COULD find themselves as the next AFC dynasty with Reid and Mahomes. When you think about it, if it were not for a very unfortunate offsides penalty in last year’s AFCCG, the Chiefs would have been in the Super Bowl, back to back already with Mahomes.

Baltimore will have something to say about that. Also, as good as the titans played, I think aside from Henry they don’t have many stars, I feel like they’re a good team that could still improve in many areas. If you can run the ball the way they do they will always have a shot.

Texans had a 24-0 lead against them. Against Mahomes... I wouldn't call losimg a 10 point lead crapping the bed. They held him off as long ad they could.

Well, they played the Vikings and Green Bay to get to the Superbowl. Neither of those teams have the offensive fire power the Chiefs have.

Also, if just some close games play out differently, the 49ers are a wildcard team going into the playoffs. Things are close in the NFC. I also do not trust their QB or coaching.

Texans had a 24-0 lead against them. Against Mahomes... I wouldn't call losimg a 10 point lead crapping the bed. They held him off as long ad they could.

That's the scary part. Mahomes was shook and seemed a bit overwhelmed by the moment for three quarters,.

Then he wasn't.

Now he's got a Super Bowl and an SB MVP. He's unlikely to start slow next time. He's scary. The only problem is that they're going to have to pay him $40mm or more per year going forward which will make it a bit difficult to surround him with talent.

No team is perfect and losing highlights your flaws. That said, they beat us and got to the SB. I gotta respect that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom