Everything turned when the Falcons lost.... (1 Viewer)

Saintree River

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The past 13 months have been brutal. It all started with losing a heartbreaker to the Niners last year. Then bounty gate, Brees gate, Loomis gate, Payton gate.....7-9 season, Falcons HFA. It was a very dark time for the Saints and its fans. But look what happened in the past week. Falcons snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, Payton was reinstated and now it looks like we are finally going to see some serious fundamental changes on the long maligned defense. I think this could be the luck swinging back in the Saints direction. The 2012 season isnt even over yet and I'm chomping at the bit for 2013.

The past 13 months have been brutal. It all started with losing a heartbreaker to the Niners last year. Then bounty gate, Brees gate, Loomis gate, Payton gate.....7-9 season, Falcons HFA. It was a very dark time for the Saints and its fans. But look what happened in the past week. Falcons snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, Payton was reinstated and now it looks like we are finally going to see some serious fundamental changes on the long maligned defense. I think this could be the luck swinging back in the Saints direction. The 2012 season isnt even over yet and I'm chomping at the bit for 2013.

:9:

Funny I was thinking the exact same thing earlier this evening. I haven't been this excited in months about the Saints present and future.

I smell a fresh pot of greatness brewing in the Crescent City.

This brings to mind that week
Not only were the saints playing and the nfccg was coming back to the dome against a team the saints had been destroying
But LSU was also playing for the championship in their backyard -
One week later it was all veryvery different

This brings to mind that week
Not only were the saints playing and the nfccg was coming back to the dome against a team the saints had been destroying
But LSU was also playing for the championship in their backyard -
One week later it was all veryvery different

Who is this LSU you speak of? Haven't heard of them. S/M off

After this season i was ready to call it quits until the 2013 season starts, but they always find a way to reel me back in! I said it before, the Saints are anything but boring! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!!!!!

This just proves that all happiness in life comes from Atlanta losing.

Exactly! Now the 12 Falcon '' Fans'' can remove their Falcon flags and go back into hibernation until the braves start spring practice. The '' support '' for the Rise-up Turds was laughable for a major league city of nearly 6 million people, especially compared to our support for the Saints(2 million people in the region). This is why they have so much deep hatred and envy.

You don't need in-depth scientific analysis to prove that there is a direct causal link between the Falcons losing and good things happening in the world. It's a fact, Jack!

Well said...after this brutal season. I appreciate the football gods blessing us with all this great news in the same week.

Maybe this season for SP to sit back and really notice a change was needed.

So nice, needed twice? Hells yeah!!! Looking forward to an aggressive D! This is the best news most of us could expect at this point of season as fans who really follow the team. If it's rejuvenated the players one iota of what it's done for my confidence in our team going forward, then it was a good move.

Don't forget, this is supposedly Tony Gonzalez's last year, too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom